How Much Would You Charge?

Decorating By sweetneice Updated 29 Jul 2015 , 2:15pm by sweetneice

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 27 Jun 2015 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 6

Hey guys! There is a vendor who would like me to bake gluten free goodies for their store. How much do you guys charge per dozen of your gluten free cookies...muffins..etc? TIA

5 replies
pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 27 Jun 2015 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 6

Search for "pricing" here on CC (and in future, here's a hint: don't duplicate posts).

sweetneice Posted 28 Jun 2015 , 4:50am
post #3 of 6

Thanks. I wasn't sure if my 1st post went through so I just posted in a new one. Thanks for the tip

Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 28 Jun 2015 , 6:06am
post #4 of 6

Guaranteed 100% allergen-free?

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 28 Jun 2015 , 10:13am
post #5 of 6

Jedi Knight posted a question if you are talking about guaranteed allergen free or are you simply talking about baking gluten free recipes. True gluten free means that all ingredients are gluten free. The pans, cooking utensils, ovens and even the kitchen are guaranteed to be gluten free. This is so there is absolutely no trace of gluten anywhere in the baking process. If you are only baking using gluten free recipes - it is not the same thing. And someone with a true gluten allergy or a true inability to process any gluten as opposed to someone who has a gluten sensitivity - would be at risk for a reaction if for example your pans had been used in the past for baking with ingredients containing gluten. Or if you had used regular gluten containing flour such as all-purpose flour - in the same kitchen where you are now making gluten-free products. 

If you read the label of gluten free baking ingredients they will state that the item was produced in a gluten free facility. That is to avoid any trace amount of gluten in the air.

sweetneice Posted 29 Jul 2015 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 6

Wow! Never knew it couldn't be In the air, etc. It would be items free from gluten products is what she is asking for. I would use a totally different mixer and bowl for these items as well as a separate area. Sorry for the late response,  been kinda busy. Thanks guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%