Help With Tutorial

Decorating By sally-sally Updated 12 Jun 2015 , 5:43pm by sally-sally

sally-sally Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sally-sally Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 9:34am
post #1 of 9

How was this done 

Hi folks, Pls help. My best friend wants this cake for her wedding. I want to do it but can someone pls help with step by step instructions. It’ll greaty be appreciated. I realised there’s a lil space under the top tier which enables you to see the roses. On how was this done and on what is the top tier. Help!! 

8 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 10:49am
post #2 of 9

Hey Sally-Sally.  I doubt anyone here can give you derailed instructions, especially since nobody knows your skill level. But there are great tutorials on youtube you  can watch. One thing I would like to point out is: get a proper support system!!! 

Good luck.

sally-sally Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 10:53am
post #3 of 9

It's not the design that I have a problem with, it's the space between the top tier and the 2nd tier. 

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 3:01pm
post #4 of 9

I'm a hobby bake, and by no means a professional. I would use SPS to support your cake. That top tier is on columns. So using SPS the columns would be 2'' taller than the 2nd tier, use the roses to hide the 4 columns to get the illusion of the cake floating. The plates lock into the columns so your cake is secure. I would put the top tier on site. Have a look on pinterest ( wedding cakes w columns) HTH

carolinecakes Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 4:10pm
post #5 of 9

Here's a link to a tutorial for SPS (Single Plate Seperator System). I started using this on the advice of Leah_s.(thank you), love it.

http://www.bakerycrafts.com/DynamicContent%5COtherPages%5CEZCUT%5CBakery%20Crafts%20SPSSystem.pdf

carolinecakes Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 4:37pm
post #6 of 9

This is the link to the pdf created by Leah...

http://media.cakecentral.com/files/sps_104.pdf

carolinecakes Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 9

Here's another idea...use pvc pipe &  foam core plates to make your own stand for the top tier, fill in the roses. This actually looks more like the effect you are looking for.

Simple Indian Wedding Cake. use teal and silver instead of burgandy and gold

sally-sally Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks everyone. This is truly helpful. I'm grateful. I thought of a separator too. Thanks a lot for the clarification. 

sally-sally Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 5:43pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks a million carolinecakes. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%