Air Brush Machine...help!!!

Decorating By Cinnabear14 Updated 9 Jun 2015 , 7:10pm by Cinnabear14

Cinnabear14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cinnabear14 Posted 9 Jun 2015 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 8

I received a Master Pro Gravity Feed Air Brush System for Christmas (2014)...I JUST took it out of the box and I must say I am overwhelmed! There does not seem like an easy way to put the dang thing together so it works. I decorate cookies with stencils and up til recently, I hand paint through the stencil with my Royal Icing and thought air brushing would be soo much easier. Does anyone own this model that can give me some tips on how to use it? I feel a bit discouraged at this point. It should be straight forward (I mean I get the whole concept of what it is supposed to do) but yet I'm not doing it. I just saw a Duff machine and now I'm thinking I should have asked for THAT one, lol. I want to make this work, and not seem like an ungrateful gift recipient (hubby researched for me and got the one HE thought was best...he's an engineer :P ) Sigh...lol 

7 replies
Alisa555 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alisa555 Posted 9 Jun 2015 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 8

Are you able to hook the hose to the compressor and then to the airbrush gun?  After you have that part done and turn the compressor on.  The gun activates by pushing the "trigger" button and pulling it back simultaneously... the farther you pull it back, the more spray you get.  There is a Craftsy class that goes over some basic airbrush instructions and techniques.

Cinnabear14 Posted 9 Jun 2015 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 8

Yes, I connected all the hoses to their proper location. But when I turned on the compressor and "hit the trigger" nothing happened...NO air was coming out, so clearly I am missing something. Nothing registered on the air pressure gauge either, another BIG clue I was doing something wrong, lol

Alisa555 Posted 9 Jun 2015 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 8

That is weird....  You would think there would at least be some kind of air coming through or registering.  Did you try adjusting the airflow?  There is a black knob where the gauge is located - pull up on it and twist it toward the + ...hopefully that would get some airflow going.  If not, you might need to contact the company and ask for help or a replacement.

Alisa555 Posted 9 Jun 2015 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 8

I have that same airbrush.  When I got it I was so disappointed that there were no instructions at all:(  I wanted to throw it through the window at first, but now I love it - (took a lot of trial and error).  It is my favorite cake tool.

redgbee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redgbee Posted 9 Jun 2015 , 6:27pm
post #6 of 8

when I had my small airbrush (not the same brand as yours), I also couldn't make it work! It won't turn on. So I tried to call the support center and they were kind enough to walk me through how to make it work, there was a small kinda pin that acts like a cover that you need to remove it before  you connect it to the compressor.   I do hope yours have a support center for you to ask them how to properly connect the hose to the compressor and the airbrush. 

Cinnabear14 Posted 9 Jun 2015 , 7:09pm
post #7 of 8

I'm gonna fiddle around with it after I finish my cake order. I'm glad you said you like it, that gives me hope, thank you! :)

Cinnabear14 Posted 9 Jun 2015 , 7:10pm
post #8 of 8

Yes, there is tech support which will be my last resort, if I'm in tears at that point lol ;)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%