Decorating Ideas

Decorating By grammysusan Updated 27 Sep 2005 , 8:41pm by mpitrelli

grammysusan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammysusan Posted 27 Sep 2005 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 4

I'm brand new at decorating - just took the first Wilton class. I'm looking for decorating ideas using flowers and borders (no kids cartoon stuff!) but NOT ready for fondant! I've purchased 4 or 5 of the latest Wilton yearbooks but they seem to be stuffed with kids theme cakes and fondant ideas. Where can I find some good books with traditional designs; birthday congrats, anniversary, etc.? Thank you! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 27 Sep 2005 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 4

For diffeant border, their is a book called "joy of piping". Lots of differant borders to try instead of the same shell, or curve kind. It is $16 from sugarcraft (link below), it is the 7th book down, has teddy bear on it. That is not the book, if you order it will pink book. I love differant ideas for borders.

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/books/wbooks.htm

This book is good, if you a barnes and nobel you can check it out. If they do not have it they can order it but you do not have to purchase it if you do not like it.

The Essential Guide to Cake Decorating

The well decoarted cake - is also good a few people here mention it and I love it.

Hope this helps. If you want to learn how to make BC flowers directly on your cake, this dvd from ebay is great.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZcakegenieQQssPageNameZSTRKQ3aMEWNQ3aMESOI

Good luck

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 27 Sep 2005 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 4

This website sells alot of cake decorating books without kids themes. You could also try amazon.com and do a search for cake decorating books.

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 27 Sep 2005 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 4

belive it or not you might also want to check out overstock.com. I just got 2 books from them and the price was right

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%