Cakes

Decorating By Mchelle Updated 3 Mar 2005 , 11:46pm by tcturtleshell

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 7

Ladies, check out the cakes that I have done from all of your support and good advice. Thanks a bunch! I uploaded them to the website

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-1764

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-1763

Thanks for all of the advice and assistance!

6 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 7

The cake with the white chocolate cream cheese frosting looks delicious.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 7

Very nice mchelle. Classy and a bit different from the everyday cake we are used to seeing in bakeries. Nice work!

(By the way, there are a few of us guys on the boards...don't forget!)

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 7

icon_surprised.gif Soooooo sorry about that cookieman and to the other men. I do apologize, please forgive me.

Since, I am new to the wedding cakes, I wanted something that would hide the imperfections on smoothing the buttercream and it worked. No one could tell that it was not smooth. thumbs_up.gif

BTW, it was a white almond cake with fresh strawberries in the middle. Everyone loved it. Thanks for all of the help! Ladies and Gents. icon_biggrin.gif

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 7

cookieman- we could never forget you!!

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 7

They both look great!! - thanks for providing the links. It helps so much.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 11:46pm
post #7 of 7

Mchelle~

I have a wedding cake & groom's cake that will be so close to those two you made!!!!!!! The wedding cake is 16",14",12" & a 6" anniversary cake to sit beside the wedding cake. It will be smoothed BC, ribbon around each tier, fresh flowers on top. The groom's cake will be 2 sheet cakes stacked then 2-other size cakes on top. It will be choc BC, basketweave, rope border w/ strawberries all around the bottom of the cake & top of the bottom layer & top of the top layer. Also I will be doing a big royal icing "W" in gold or silver because the groom's last name is Walker. If you have any tips, suggestions, comments I would love to get some from you! I could use all the help I can get! II'm doing a practice run first!! 've been making my cakes this week & I'm finishing up on them tomorrow. Of course I froze them. Then this weekend I will make all the icing. Then Sunday night take the cakes out to thaw, then Monday ice & smooth. I will be taking the cake to our Fire Dept so there will be plenty of people to eat it! I will put the dowel rods in the cake & have everything ready for traveling w/ the cake. Then I'll stack the cakes when I get there. I'm decorating the cake w/ FD things like dalmations, fire boots, hydrants, helments etc. Maybe some red ribbon to go along w/ the FD theme, plus gives me a chance to practice the ribbon. If you have any advice please give me some! Thank you so much!!!! I will definitly take lots of pics to share on cakecentral!! Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%