Wedding Cake

Decorating By Bogginboy Updated 24 Apr 2015 , 10:28pm by Bogginboy

Bogginboy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bogginboy Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 4

i'm making my brother's wedding cake and he's wanting to have it in july and i dont know where he's having the reception at and i'm wanting to plan for the worst case scenario and i was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to keep chocolate and fondant from melting in the hot humid weather if not chocolate then i can make everything out of fondant but i'd prefer to make it out of chocolate

3 replies
Bogginboy Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 4

the chocolate is for branches using a wilton gum paste mold i know the mold works right but i want to make sure it'll stand up to the heat just in case, i'm planning on either making dogwoods or cherry blossoms

AJT2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJT2012 Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 4

Tempering the chocolate might be your best bet if you insist on having it.  Tempered chocolate will still melt, however, at roughly body temp.  You can also use modeling chocolate, but it will also start melting around body temp.  I wish I had better answers, but these two are all I've got.  Good luck and keep us posted on your results!

Bogginboy Posted 24 Apr 2015 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 4

thanks, i'm hoping it will be an indoor air conditioned wedding and reception for the cakes sake and mine lol but if it is gonna be too hot then i probably will just use fondant

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%