Pregnant Belly Cake Questions

Decorating By yummy Updated 1 Feb 2007 , 4:11am by TinaJoy07

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 17

How do you cut the belly part with the fondant maternity blouse still on, and once sliced are they cut (?it seems like the slices would be really big just like I would imagine the slices from a stand up doll would be)TIA

16 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 17

I need all pregnant belly cake makers help.

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 17

Im not sure but I just had to say that the cakes are so cute but it is almost disturbing to me that anyone would cut into her belly!!!! icon_razz.gif

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 17

i have made one twice. both times, the mom to be removed the belly to keep for a whie. it didnt get cut. Or it could be used as "overflow" for lack of a better word. cut the cake first and if any more pieces are needed cut the belly

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy

I need all pregnant belly cake makers help.

What is a pregnant belly cake?

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 5:24pm
post #7 of 17

Thanks for the pics! I never heard of such a thing, that is wild! I guess you use a wonder mold?

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Thanks for the pics! I never heard of such a thing, that is wild! I guess you use a wonder mold?

I used a half od a ball pan for the belly. some people use egg pans.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 5:49pm
post #9 of 17

I have one in my gallery. If you want the detailed instructions, pm me icon_smile.gif
Kathy

drwendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drwendy Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 9:23pm
post #10 of 17

Don't worry about cutting into the belly....just think of it as an early C-section....but you can deliver cake instead of a baby!

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 9:40pm
post #11 of 17

I just put the belly on a cake board too so that it can be taken off and used later. When I did mine (the only one so far) I made the belly a different flavor than the sheet cake. It worked out well.

dolittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolittle Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 9:58pm
post #12 of 17

Katy625 what I find disturbing is somone stabbed the belly with the knife on the last one I did to is what it was made of. icon_eek.gif
On the two that I have done the belly and the breast never got cut (but the stabbing) So you take the belly off the top of the cake and the breast and they're not in the dress shape anymore so you eat them . It's cake! icon_biggrin.gif

loriemoms Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 10:21pm
post #13 of 17

Is there a tradition/story behind these belly cakes? or has it just become a fad for baby showers to have a pregnant belly?

Cutting the belly to me doesnt seem much different then the discussion on cutting the head off a teddy bear cake! I have seen some kids who can't wait to see the head wacked off and some kids who cry!

dolittle Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 12:51am
post #14 of 17

Hey Loriemoms I think it's a fad. I'm not sure though . I haven't seen a post on the story behind it. Maybe someone else will know . icon_smile.gif

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 1:06am
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolittle

Katy625 what I find disturbing is somone stabbed the belly with the knife on the last one I did to is what it was made of. icon_eek.gif
On the two that I have done the belly and the breast never got cut (but the stabbing) So you take the belly off the top of the cake and the breast and they're not in the dress shape anymore so you eat them . It's cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Someone stabbed it??!! Thats awful!!!! Well, I have to do 2 baby shower cakes in April and i think one of them will be the belly cake. I will make sure to separate the belly and boobs first! I'll put them on a cake board so It can just lift off. I think they're adorable and you can make them very fashionable!

dolittle Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 1:22am
post #16 of 17

Good luck Katy625! Just keep the knifes away form the little old wemen. icon_biggrin.gif ( it was a great grandmother)

TinaJoy07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinaJoy07 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 4:11am
post #17 of 17

First i have to say these are the cutest cake. I never thought about doing a pregant belly cake as a baby shower cake. I am doing my nieces babyshower cake in a few months and would love the detailed instructions if anyone is willing to help me out.

Thanks
Tina

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%