50Th Anniversary Cake - Color Help

Decorating By LovestoBake8587 Updated 19 Apr 2015 , 8:13pm by -K8memphis

LovestoBake8587 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovestoBake8587 Posted 19 Apr 2015 , 3:33am
post #1 of 3
For my sister in law's 50th anniversary I'm making a four tier cake.  They want it to be ivory buttercream and champagne colored ribbons.  My sister in law wants real roses between the tiers and also wants me to incorporate gold some how.  

So ... 

1) Any suggestions on how to incorporate gold without it clashing with the champagne color? 

2) Does any one know if there are champagne colored roses?  I was thinking if I could find champagne roses that hopefully had an almost gold color too that would do it.  Or any suggestions on what color roses would go well with the ivory and champagne?

And I'm talking about the beige toned champagne color - not the pinkish toned one.  If that helps.  This is her sash that Im matching for the champagne color. 

Beaded Front Self Tie Sash - Davids Bridal

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!  :-) 

TIA.  
2 replies
LovestoBake8587 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovestoBake8587 Posted 19 Apr 2015 , 2:12pm
post #2 of 3

Here is the URL of the cake she likes and wants me to do.  

http://www.wedding-flowers-and-reception-ideas.com/ribbon-wedding-cake.html 

Scroll down and it's the first picture.  

So the ribbon will be champagne and will either be actual ribbon or fondant.  I'm going to try both and see how it looks.  

The cake will be ivory buttercream. 

The roses will be between the tiers as shown.  THIS IS WHERE I NEED HELP.  Suggestions  on rose colors needed. 

Thanks! 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Apr 2015 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 3

i would go with what the description says

"The delicate champagne colored ribbons around this fondant cake give it an elegant polish of sophistication. Bridal white roses are tucked all around into each tier."

and i would use wilton ivory color  and use more in the ribbon so it's darker and less in the icing so it's lighter -- it's futile to try & match those light off whites -- the lighting changes everything -- just use white roses -- so long as they all match you're good to go -- you want that to contrast like that --

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%