Ask For Reviews

Business By Betsabebg Updated 14 Apr 2015 , 9:04pm by Betsabebg

Betsabebg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Betsabebg Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone!

I've been working in this industry for almost a year, and now it's when I'm starting to receiver more orders, but i think its important for me and my business to receive some feedback from our customers, but for some reason, they forget, or the typical answer "i will" but nothing happens. 

So I decided to send an email to all my customers and asked them for a review, but again, nothing.. it's there a way to obtain that, or how do you write a review that you receive by text message? or maybe from a call?

Thanks

4 replies
Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 5

I'm a newbie to this and still in the process of putting in a commercial grade kitchen so when we make things for friends and family I always sit with anticipation wondering if they liked it or not so I put little comment slips in the boxes and said just reply anonymously because we want to know where we need to improve and nobody ever sent one in. We have a facebook page for our soon to be business and have reviews on there and anytime we make something we usually get feedback that way. We do giveaways to expand our future customer base and that has been great bc complete strangers try our stuff and usually comment on how good it was. I'm not sure if that helps but one thing my husband told me is if people are still asking us to make stuff it must be good the proof is in repeat customers or in our case repeat friends and family :)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 5

You can't force people to give you a review. If they write to tell you they liked the cake you can write back and ask if you can use their email as an endorsement, then put that on your website (with no identifying last names, obviously.) I keep any thank you notes that I get and use those. If you want to use one of the online review sites (I hate them all, they're full of fake reviews and they manipulate them so I don't recommend using any of them) you could ask people to leave a review there. But I like to just use comments from emails.

Marie0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marie0616 Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 5

At first, I was a bit insecure when I didn't receive a review from customers. Then it dawned on me....do I ever contact a business and tell them how great their product/service was? Not so much...

I agree with Webake2gether! The proof is in the return customer! 

Betsabebg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Betsabebg Posted 14 Apr 2015 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 5

Sometimes i think like that, but usually people choose their bakers or cake shop depending on the reviews, that's why i think its important.. Of course, i appreciate when the customer returns, like you and Webake2gether said, that's the proof they like your product

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%