Looking For Ideas :)

Decorating By Thalia Updated 23 Sep 2005 , 7:26pm by Thalia

Thalia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thalia Posted 23 Sep 2005 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 4

I've been asked to do a cake for someone at my work as a thank to him from the company. The company has been growing and expanding our office space. He's a Director, but took on the task of coordinating all the changes such coming up with a new office plan, finding contractors to build out cubes, paint, tear down walls etc and managing them in the process.

I have a couple of ideas:
1. Trophy that says something like "Worlds Best Forman" with some tools (hammer/measuring tape etc. around it) - this could be a construction challengeicon_smile.gif

2. Sheet cake with top made to look like blueprint of new office layout and again, tools on it with some saying as well.

The cake would need to feed about 45. I was trying to come up with something unique...maybe even multiple cakes. It's not the most inspiring theme (lol) and I haven't had a lot of ideas..so thought I'd ask all the creative people on here!

Thanks -
Thaliaicon_smile.gif

3 replies
missmersh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmersh Posted 23 Sep 2005 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 4

What about a before and after?
I am not sure how detailed you are wanting to get, but I think that might be kind of neat.

You could either: make all the stuff for the little offices(making one kind of drab and in need of repair and the other one with all new cubicles and stuff), or you could do photo cakes, one with what the office looked like before...and one with what the office looks like now.

Just tossing out ideas....
Leslie

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 23 Sep 2005 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 4

OK - how about something like the MasterCard commercials. I'm thinking of a sheet cake with something and the cost of it in each of the corners, with a border. In the corners, Office lease - $X,000.00, (with simplified pic of office building,) construction crew - $x,000.00 (hard hat,) tools - $x,000.00 (contractor's square & a hammer,) & building materials - $x,000.00 (pile of lumber and/or nails.) Then in the middle, you have "One man to coordinate it all - Priceless", and just do a very simplistic man, maybe with a little nametag.

If you do the foreman thing, please note there's an "e" in there. icon_smile.gif

Ali

Thalia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thalia Posted 23 Sep 2005 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 4

Good idea! Unfortunately the before and after is not so different , just more space and more drab cubes and offwhite walls...lolicon_smile.gif I was trying to envision something that looked like a mini version of the office with a bunch of mini cakes made to look like office cubes with name plates on them..but couldn't figure out how to make them look interesting..other than when looking down maybe you see tops of heads and computers in them like there are people sitting in them...but I think it would be easy for it to not look so goodicon_smile.gif Or I could do the sheet cake thing and do fondant cubes on top with people sitting in them at computers...hmmmm....you did get me thinking againicon_smile.gif

Thanksicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%