Blown Away!

Lounge By ypierce82 Updated 2 Apr 2015 , 11:34pm by ypierce82

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 2 Apr 2015 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 5

I've been running around all over looking for a cake box big enough to transport a pull apart cupcake cake. I totally forgot about a small cake supply store 10 minutes from my house. So I go down, and walk in....surprised that they have a little bakery in the front of the store now along with the supplies. The bakery isn't what blew me away, it was their prices! I haven't been on CC for very long, but I have always read posts about home bakers undercutting brick and mortar bakeries, but I have never seen a bakery undercut another bakery. This place has their cupcakes (any flavor and "gourmet) for $1.00! They have decorated sugar cookies as well....75 cents. The lady asked me if I bake, and I said "Yes, and no wonder people think my prices are expensive!" There are bakeries around me that sell their cupcakes for 3-4 bucks a pop. I was just floored. I looked around at what they offered, grabbed my box and left.

4 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 2 Apr 2015 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 5

Heck I would have bought a  cookie and tried it out for taste. 

ypierce82 Posted 2 Apr 2015 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 5

I couldn't bring myself to do it lol they have been in business for 10 years, so obviously something is working. I know how much time is spent making my cookies, and to charge .75...I may as well just give them away.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 2 Apr 2015 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 5

Well you're both in a profitable business so that's good news.  A while back I bought a couple of bakery cookies for  a friends grandkids.  The cookies were so cute that I just couldn't resist.  I got a call from the Gma and she was laughing while she told me that the little ones bit into the adorable cookies and looked at her and announced, "These are not MB's cookies."

A nice warm fuzzy for a home baker like me.  Best wishes for you and your business. 

ypierce82 Posted 2 Apr 2015 , 11:34pm
post #5 of 5

Quote by @MBalaska on 58 minutes ago

Well you're both in a profitable business so that's good news.  A while back I bought a couple of bakery cookies for  a friends grandkids.  The cookies were so cute that I just couldn't resist.  I got a call from the Gma and she was laughing while she told me that the little ones bit into the adorable cookies and looked at her and announced, "These are not MB's cookies."

A nice warm fuzzy for a home baker like me.  Best wishes for you and your business. 

I agree with you. I just have never seen a bakery with prices so low that I was stunned. I am a home baker as well, and I love what I do. Of course I get the occasional "That is expensive for a cookie, cupcake" but they order anyway and return. Isn't it a great feeling when they recognize that something is not what you made. Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%