Why Purple??!?

Decorating By eve Updated 18 Oct 2005 , 1:01am by Phoov

NottawaChelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NottawaChelle Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 1:48am
post #31 of 46

Jackie, You are AMAZING and I hope this is your most PURPLE birthday EVER!!!

I am completely lost on the idea of a "valid meaning" behind any cake. Can't imagine ever saying to someone, "Sorry, I won't do that cake you requested because it has no valid meaning." Time to move on to bigger things as I think someone else already suggested.

Maybe next autumn the theme can be chartreuse icon_lol.gif

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 3:54am
post #32 of 46

Whether it's purple or whether it's blue, a frapple cake contest is what we should do.
We can make the cake high or make the cake low, a purple shell border or a purple fondant bow.
I'll bake it in a can, I'll bake it in a bag, I'll ice it when it cools so my frosting wont sag.
My frapple will be fresh when I cut it into pieces, I'll smooth out the fondant and brush out the creases.
I'll preheat the oven to 498 and bake up some fraplets to throw on the plate.
My frapples are the best and no one can say...they've ever met a frapple that they had to throw away.

Newbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newbie Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 4:31am
post #33 of 46

Wow! I never heard of a frapple, but I love your poetry!

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 4:45am
post #34 of 46

I think this is a great contest. I agree that it leaves it wide open so a lot of people have the opportunity to enter. The theme contests are really nice but for those of us with a limited imagination it can be really tough coming up with something.

I also agree that Jackie puts a whole lot into this site and she should be able to pick whatever she wants!!

Cake decorating is supposed to be fun, not necessarily something with a 'deep meaning' behind it.

C

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 4:14pm
post #35 of 46

A frapple is similiar to a whitzit, only with a bit more zing.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 4:47pm
post #36 of 46

Ah..now I see Dale.!!!...And I DO...I do like frapples and green apples! I like them in a boat and with a goat! I also like them here and there ..I like them EVERYWHERE! And with a whatzit on the side...I'll take them baked or fried....because I DO love...aw never mind..I lost my momentum when I had to answer the phone!

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 6:56pm
post #37 of 46

Is the purple cake contest over? If not what's the deadline? I can't find the info....

And I thought I read the halloween one would be end of Oct?? Any other info on that one?? Also is it just cake or anything Halloween like cookies can be included??

Thanks and love the poetry!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 15 Oct 2005 , 2:51am
post #38 of 46

The Purple Cake contest ended last night at midnight, voting goes until Oct. 22nd, and I guess Jackie will announce a new contest then.

Eve, I think you are pretty much out of line and way outnumbered.

Janice

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 15 Oct 2005 , 3:00am
post #39 of 46

KayDay,
I love your poem.
I think your are a person who will be like a bird, free and happy.

Nitu.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 15 Oct 2005 , 3:19am
post #40 of 46

WOW all this over a purple contest???????
Jackie I am guessing that others were expecting a Holiday Theme Contest.. But I think this was fun.. Look at all the entries.. WOW Eve joined in .. Imagine that icon_biggrin.gif Great Site!!!
Eve your cakes are wonderful.. Just have fun!!!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 15 Oct 2005 , 3:54am
post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieinalaska

Is the purple cake contest over? If not what's the deadline? I can't find the info....

And I thought I read the halloween one would be end of Oct?? Any other info on that one?? Also is it just cake or anything Halloween like cookies can be included??

Thanks and love the poetry!

The Halloween contest will be announced at the end of the month.

All contests are cake only.

culinarilyobsessed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
culinarilyobsessed Posted 16 Oct 2005 , 10:53pm
post #42 of 46

Geez..had I known what was going on in this thread I probably would have just skipped it & clicked on the next. lol

But hey..it looks like I've crossed paths with Dr. Seuss now icon_biggrin.gif love your rhymes Dale..lol

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 16 Oct 2005 , 11:09pm
post #43 of 46

The way I feel, is you don't need a reason to do a color for anything .. I mean I think about my cakes but when it comes to color, I just decide when I start.. I love doing different colors just to try something out of the ordinary ... I love purple!! I've made cakes here at home for "just because" ... I have came up with some of the craziest colors you could ever imagine lol So having a "reason" to do a color, I don't think it needs one at all .. just do it "because" ... because you can .. because it's fun .. because it's Jackie's color... because she works her hiney off on this website making it such a great place for us all !! Thanks Jackie for all you do!

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 16 Oct 2005 , 11:13pm
post #44 of 46

Jackie~Fabulous idea with the purple. It's your site and you can make the contests about what ever your little big heart desires! What about hot pink!!!!! NOT!!!!!

Dale~You're just too darn crazy! If ever I was in a sour mood, all I have to do is read about your Frapples and your Whatzits and I'm good to go!

Can't wait to see all the holiday cakes for the upcoming contests!!!!! icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

Amy

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 12:29am
post #45 of 46

I'm so late, as usual. icon_smile.gif That's what I get for being away from here for so long.

And of all contests, I missed this one!!! icon_sad.gif I'm an October baby too (2nd) and purple has always been my favorite color. Gosh, I can't believe I missed this.

Jackie, I love it!!! And keep doing what you're doing...providing an invaluable site for us all. Anything you choose to give is more than enough. The way I see it, if you don't like the choices or the contests - go make your own.

Great purple cakes out there! thumbs_up.gif

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 1:01am
post #46 of 46

Well I THINK IT'S ABSOLUTELY PERFECT BEING PURPLE. HERE IN KANSAS, WE K-STATE FANS A-R-E PURPLE!!!!!!!!! Purple Rocks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%