N. Lodge Classes In Ga

Decorating By jmt1714 Updated 26 Jan 2007 , 1:25am by jmt1714

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 8

has anyone taken classes at the Nicolas Lodge school in Norcross, GA? I registered for one and just wanted some feedback from people who've been there.

7 replies
NoviceBaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NoviceBaker2 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 8

Sorry can't help but will be glad to give you a BUMP. Good luck!

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 8

He is a wonderful teacher. You will totally love your experience. I often wish I lived in Atlanta.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 8

Never have, but know two people who have-they LOVED it!
BTW, when are you signed up for, and how much is the class if you don't mind saying?

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 8

Although I've never been to his school in GA, I have taken many classes from him. He is extremely good. Supplies all the tools necessary to be successful. Always helping students and also normally has an assistant helping too. I was always successful in his classes no matter what I took.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 12:03am
post #6 of 8

Okay, jmt1714...I just took a look at your pics, I can't imagime WHAT class of Nicolas Lodge's you are interested in because your gumpaste flowers are spectacular-JMHO icon_smile.gif
WOW!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 12:46am
post #7 of 8

I have taken some classes from him at his studio and am going back next month. He is totally amazing. I am fairly new to cake decorating and am a visual learner. He is meticulous - very well-organized and very focused. He demonstrates each technique as many times as necessary and is there to help each person as needed. His classes are small so that he is able to keep students motivated and progressing regardless of their expertise (or lack of in my case). I cannot wait to go back thumbs_up.gif. And, he has lots of goodies for sale in his retail store.........

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:25am
post #8 of 8

lol @ kjt

I'm going to take the fondant class end of march/beg of april. I'm ok on fondant, but I really want to master it.

And thanks for the comments on the gumpaste flowers. That part I really really enjoy. my basic decorating is only so-so though.

oh, and the class is $375 for three days 9:30 - 5:30.
I suspect he isn't teaching the whole class himself, as the website mentions he is in dallas on Apr 1. I will be a bit annoyed if he isn't involved at all.

they describe the class as follows :

Techniques covered will include: covering a cake dummy with rolled fondant, crimping, embossing, quilting, embroidery, brush embroidery, appliqué work, lace work, painting on a cake, using various molds in creating quick cake decorations, ribbon insertion, drapes and bows, ribbons, ropes and tasselsjust to name a few!

here is the link to the march class schedule: http://www.nicholaslodge.com/classes/2007/mar2007.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%