What Is The Best Way To Infuse Champagne Into A Cake Flavor?

Baking By jenmat Updated 7 Oct 2015 , 9:10pm by MariusTitulescu

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 18 Mar 2015 , 1:09am
post #1 of 9

I would like to add champagne to my menu options, but I do not want a new recipe. 

My menu basically works with 3 recipes. My clients customize them by adding "mix-ins" to the recipe, such as poppy seeds, lemon zest, chocolate chips, oreo bits, raspberry puree.....you get the picture. 

This streamlines things for me so that on any given week I make a big pot of each of 3 recipes, add the mix-ins to  the right sizes and there you go. 

I would like to add champagne as a mix-in. I already have amaretto and achieve that with almond extract and an amaretto simple syrup. Works great because amaretto is so strong. 

Champagne, on the other hand, can be tricky. I do not want to alter my recipe by adding a champagne reduction in the liquids of the recipe. I need to add it either in the pan or after baking or both. 

What would CCers recommend for boldest flavor? Champagne flavoring? Simple Syrup with a reduction? Both? Any ideas- any one do this already? 

8 replies
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 18 Mar 2015 , 2:25am
post #2 of 9

I've done simple syrup with a reduction, and also used the reduction in my SMBC. Tasted great.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 18 Mar 2015 , 4:41am
post #3 of 9

I make a white champagne ganache.

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 18 Mar 2015 , 6:14pm
post #4 of 9

Quote by @winniemog on 15 hours ago

I've done simple syrup with a reduction, and also used the reduction in my SMBC. Tasted great.

This is what I would recommend! though I would love @julia1812  to share her white champagne ganache recipe, sound amazing!

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 18 Mar 2015 , 6:33pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks guys, that is kind of the route I was going to go!

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 18 Mar 2015 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 9

@LeanneW: It's not really ganache, just don't know how to call it, lol!

You melt 250g white chocolate, when not hot anymore mix 175g butter and 100g icing sugar and gently fold into the chocolate. Add 150ml champagne (or any sparkling wine) and add 3 packs of "sahnesteif" (it's a stabilizer, similar to cream of tartar).

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 20 Mar 2015 , 1:36pm
post #7 of 9

Quote by @julia1812 on 1 day ago

@LeanneW: It's not really ganache, just don't know how to call it, lol!

You melt 250g white chocolate, when not hot anymore mix 175g butter and 100g icing sugar and gently fold into the chocolate. Add 150ml champagne (or any sparkling wine) and add 3 packs of "sahnesteif" (it's a stabilizer, similar to cream of tartar).

That sounds like a very delicious chocolate fudge icing to me! Yum, 

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 20 Mar 2015 , 2:03pm
post #8 of 9

There was a discussion on a thread at CC long ago...letting the champagne go flat before reducing it, etc. You might find good tips here.

http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/730232/scratch-pink-champagne-cake

MariusTitulescu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariusTitulescu Posted 7 Oct 2015 , 9:10pm
post #9 of 9

Sounds good! Thanks for the idea!

Marius

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%