I Just Need To Rant.

Lounge By FlRugbyChick Updated 10 Mar 2015 , 1:58pm by -K8memphis

FlRugbyChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlRugbyChick Posted 26 Feb 2015 , 5:12am
post #1 of 5

AHey everyone, one of the hardest things for me baking from home is my kids. (3 & 6) one wants to eat everything, and the other wants to help. Right now I live with my mom and, unfortunately, her freeloading boyfriend. I can fend off my kids easy enough, but he is another story. To put things in perspective, I just want to say that I pay rent, and pay for/cook all the meals for the house.

The other day I was baking mini cupcakes for an event. He walked in with my 3yr old son both asking for some. I was barely half way done. I hadn't even made frosting yet. I was low on liners, and wasn't sure what I would have to take with me. When I said no my son said, "aww man" and ran off. My mom's bf, however, persisted.

I told him no several times. Then he replied, "Fine... you eat them all. You could use it." I was shocked. I grew up a chubby kid, so I'm used to being called fat. What shocked me was that a man in his fifties would say something with the soul purpose of hurting my feelings. What's worse is that my mom stood there with a shocked look on her face, but said nothing.

I didn't say or do anything. Maybe it's because I don't feel like involving myself in petty things. I guess I'll just have to settle for being called the "cake Nazi" until I move out.

If you read my whole rant, ty. I just needed to get it off my chest.

4 replies
Nonni53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nonni53 Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 5

I would say your three year old son was the true man in that encounter.  Sorry for your mum.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Mar 2015 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 5

it's always difficult for different generations to share living spaces -- add to that a peurile adult and things really can get out of hand quick -- for yourself i'd say to expect him to continue to be who he is -- that way hopefully you can keep your feelings well away from his immature ugliness -- another way is to bake a little extra from now on since you know he's an ass --

best to you -- sorry that happened

canacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canacake Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 2:32am
post #4 of 5

Oy, what an awful thing to say/do. Honestly, I think if I were you I would be a brat about it back. I like the suggestion for baking a bit extra, I however would eat it in front of him but not give him any haha. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 5

Quote by @canacake on 11 hours ago

Oy, what an awful thing to say/do. Honestly, I think if I were you I would be a brat about it back. I like the suggestion for baking a bit extra, I however would eat it in front of him but not give him any haha. 

perfect! love it hahahaha just lick the icing off bit by bit humming a little tune -- good one canacake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%