Help!!

Baking By risqueraquel Updated 10 Mar 2015 , 7:15pm by Marielijah

risqueraquel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
risqueraquel Posted 24 Feb 2015 , 2:34am
post #1 of 4

AOk so here's the dilemma: I am making a fondant covered cake for 100 for my grandmas 80th. Now she has said that her favourite cake (and really only cake she likes) is confetti angel food cake, which can definitely not be covered in fondant...( If it wasn't her I wouldn't fuss about it, but I am hoping to do something about this...) Possibly a lighter white confetti cake that can handle fondant? Or a way to incorporate angel food cake into the cake I'm making? (Definately not doing AFC for 100..) the current cake is planned to be a 20x20" sheet cake covered in fondant (fondant to be draped to look like a quilt.

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Feb 2015 , 3:24am
post #2 of 4

So how about making the regular 20 x 20 (which is huge BTW) and decoratng it like a quilt. and then basically a one serving confetti angel food cake decorated lke a spool of thread?  You can do thread in bc.  Just a small round tip and spin that baby while applying the bc.  Add a top and bottom and stick a fondant "needle" in the thread.

risqueraquel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
risqueraquel Posted 24 Feb 2015 , 3:47am
post #3 of 4

AI know it's huge.. I'm terrified. Haha. The party is going to have well over 100 people so better safe then sorry. Good idea though.

Marielijah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marielijah Posted 10 Mar 2015 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 4

Leah ~ That's a great idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%