Projectors

Decorating By ButtercreamAndBacon Updated 8 Feb 2015 , 6:57pm by mawagner

ButtercreamAndBacon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercreamAndBacon Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 12:54am
post #1 of 7

AHi, I was looking at getting kopykake projector, and was on a website that had other opaque projectors (which is what the kopykake is). Could I just get one of those? It's $89 and seems to do the same thing. Anyone use anything other than the kopykake?? Thanks!

6 replies
honghaipump2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honghaipump2 Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 6:02am
post #2 of 7

?

ButtercreamAndBacon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercreamAndBacon Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 7

AAnyone?

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 7

So you put a picture in and project down a guideline for freehand piping, very handy looking thing! I suspect any similar design would work so long as there was enough space for cake and hands under the downlight.... seems like a lot of money though..... I don't think I would use one enough personally.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 8:14pm
post #5 of 7

I bought a kid's version specifically for a Bud Light can cake. It worked great. I just used it to line up and scale well, and locate items on the can. So kind of a combo "free hand" and trace. With a coupon, I may have paid $20. (JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby I think)

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 30 Jan 2015 , 8:18pm
post #6 of 7

Cheapest I found was  at Hobby Lobby now for $40-40% coupon= $24+tx. Like I said, there was a blue kid's version that works just fine.

No pro bakery here, so not worth the investment for the "real" thing for me.

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 8 Feb 2015 , 6:57pm
post #7 of 7

I recently purchased a PICO projector and I love it!!  I am able to connect it to my iphone and ipad and it is so easy to use.  I've never used a kopykake so I can't say how it would compare to that.  HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%