My First Attempt :(

Decorating By suukutty Updated 21 Dec 2014 , 3:41pm by suukutty

suukutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suukutty Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 12:22am
post #1 of 5

I made a fruit cake and even did the icing. But when i cut, it was so hard and dry and also not fully baked inside . Dont know what to do know. Please help .:-(

4 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 1:40am
post #2 of 5

Sounds like your cake cooked too quick on the edges and never finished in the middle.  Did you wrap the tin in newspaper, or something, to slow down the cooking of the edges?  Did you cook at a low enough temperature?

suukutty Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 2:03am
post #3 of 5

AThank you for your reply . i didnt wrap the tin in paper . is that necessary?? And during the first 1 hour i baked at 300°F and another 30 minutes at 275° F.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 5:45am
post #4 of 5

I bake my fruitcake at 140C, which is about 285F.  I wrap the tin in about 6-8 layers of newspaper that is about 6cm higher than the tin.  I put the same amount or more under the tin and for the first hour I also put some on top. Another way you can go is to put the cake in a cardboard box.  I did this with my Christmas cake bits as I had a pile of different size tins and could not be bothered wrapping them all.  It worked really well.  Good luck.

suukutty Posted 21 Dec 2014 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 5

AThank u cazza ... Next time i will try to wrap it and keep at minimum temperature .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%