Pink Colored Almond Bark Keeps Fading

Sugar Work By lovealk3 Updated 1 Dec 2014 , 3:11am by lovealk3

lovealk3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovealk3 Posted 30 Nov 2014 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 5

AI've been using Wilton candy color to color almond bark pink and it keeps fading back to white within 24hrs. How can I fix or prevent this?

4 replies
virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 30 Nov 2014 , 11:47pm
post #2 of 5

wow! I do this all the time and have never experienced a fading issue. in fact, the wilton candy pink has a tremendous punch...a little goes a very long way. I recently colored a batch using one toothpick dip to color an entire 24 oz block of almond bark.

could you have gotten a bad batch of coloring?  

lovealk3 Posted 30 Nov 2014 , 11:51pm
post #3 of 5

ANo, I don't think so. It only faded with the pink. I colored blue, yellow, orange, purple and green as well, without issue. But the pink keeps fading. I asked on another site and various users told me to keep it out of sunlight

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 1 Dec 2014 , 12:04am
post #4 of 5

well, I suppose long term direct sunlight could cause fading...but I've never tested it. I use almond bark to dip cake pops and have always kept them out of sunlight simply for fear of melting. the pops have been exposed to open air and indirect sunlight for days without any noticeable fade...I'm staring at a pink batch right now that are the same color as the day I dipped them.  

lovealk3 Posted 1 Dec 2014 , 3:11am
post #5 of 5

AI'll try making a new batch. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%