Help With Minion Cupcakes

Decorating By salokin Updated 27 Nov 2014 , 12:50am by salokin

salokin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
salokin Posted 26 Nov 2014 , 3:01am
post #1 of 6

I just got a request from someone I work with to make some minion cupcakes for her sister's birthday. She wants them to be German chocolate cupcakes. Any one have an idea on how I should go about this? I thought about taking the the normal frosting on top and turning it into more of a filling and use either  white modeling chocolate to make it look a minion.

5 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 26 Nov 2014 , 4:39am
post #2 of 6

AMaybe she was referring to the German chocolate as an ingredient since German / Swiss chocolates are high/ best quality. I would ask her what she meant exactly. Chocolate in the cupcakes, as a filling or in the frosting...? I'm making minion cupcakes for my son's birthday and can not wait to start. Wanna make yellow fondant minion face toppers in yellow and one purple ugly minion in-between. They are too funny this little minions. Guess you could use modeling chocolate to make the toppers (that's probably more appropriate in taste for adults).

salokin Posted 26 Nov 2014 , 5:06am
post #3 of 6

AI know know she meant the actual flavor of cupcake. Wish she stuck with the first choice of red velvet. That would have been easier.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 26 Nov 2014 , 6:40am
post #4 of 6

ABut chocolate cupcakes and red velvet are not sooo far apart... If you are comfortable making red velvet cupcakes I'm sure you'll manage chocolate cupcakes too!!! I normally use this recipe: Melt 150g of good quality (German,lol) chocolate (70%) in a double boiler. Beat 125g of soft unsalted butter with 160g of caster sugar until white and creamy. Add 2 eggs, keep mixing... Add 180g of flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tbsp cocoa as well as 125 ml milk (full fat) and a pinch of salt. Now add the cooled but still soft chocolate. Once it's all mixed, put into cupcake forms and bake in preheated oven for 30 mins or until toothpick comes out clean. Don't overbake, they should be still moist! Decorate with buttercream, poured fondant, whipping cream, ganache or just icing sugar.......

Annie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie8 Posted 26 Nov 2014 , 8:18pm
post #5 of 6

You could use the coconut/pecan mixture as a filling or put it on top, but then put chocolate frosting on top of it and then your minion decoration. 

salokin Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 12:50am
post #6 of 6

That was what I was thinking of doing, making a filling out of it. Then a layer of chocolate buttercream, then some modeling chocolate late looks like its face.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%