What's In A Name??

Business By sleaky77 Updated 27 Nov 2014 , 1:39am by sleaky77

sleaky77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleaky77 Posted 25 Nov 2014 , 12:05pm
post #1 of 5

I think I have shot myself in the foot by naming my business Kay is for Kake. If you search for cake in my town, my facebook page doesn't come up because of "kake"

Do you think I should change it?

Has anybody changed a business name before? 

I'm conflicted, my daughter came up with the name and I love it.

Is there a way I can add the word "cake"?

Ahhh what to do?

4 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 25 Nov 2014 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 5

My business name doesn't have the word cake in it. Google searches the whole text of your website and Facebook page. So as long as you are using keywords (cake, wedding cake, cupcake, whatever you make and think people will search for) all over the place - but don't make it too obvious as Google will "penalise" you for that too by not bringing your pages back in a search - you should be OK. Include keywords in paragraphs and headings for best results. 

sleaky77 Posted 25 Nov 2014 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks. I'll have to make sure I add the word cake each time I post.

dkltll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dkltll Posted 26 Nov 2014 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 5

I am an office manager by day for a construction company and we just changed our name- NIGHTMARE! I m buried in paperwork and contacting everybody that has our original name. Changing over the licenses, worker's comp, liability, vehicle registration, and on...... I know you wouldn't have to do most of that but the name was officially changed in Dec 2013 and I am still dealing with it. Keep your name if you can help it. 

On your website, if you have designer contact them and ask them what keywords or meta tags they are using. If you are the webmaster- most build your own sites have a section dedicated to keywords so make sure that you do that and add cake and cake like terms. Make sure that each page has the word cake in the verbiage at least once. I have seen some crazy cake shop name so you should be okay. 

sleaky77 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 1:39am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your reply. I'm just starting out and only have a facebook page for now. But the thought of changing name just with the council and all the business card I have given out seemed like more trouble than it was worth.8O

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%