Cake Page Stealing Other Peoples Cakes....

Decorating By cakechic87 Updated 21 Nov 2014 , 1:35pm by cakechic87

cakechic87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakechic87 Posted 20 Nov 2014 , 11:53am
post #1 of 7

I was just notified by email that someone on facebook was stealing photos of other cake decorators cakes, including mine... just wanted to warn everyone, yours might be on there too...I know I've seen some of those cakes here on Cake Central...

Here is the link to the person that is stealing cake photos...

https://www.facebook.com/dashbakery

6 replies
vldutoit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vldutoit Posted 20 Nov 2014 , 12:22pm
post #2 of 7

AOne photo is even watermarked with someone else's name!

Mazcooke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mazcooke Posted 20 Nov 2014 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 7

I noticed on occasion she would say by xxxx from dash bakery. The rest are just folders of pictures, neither saying they are their work or anyone else's. I noticed far down the page, one album is marked as "creative inspiration". And I saw quite a few that I have actually seen posted on CC before.  Its terrible. And I see she is from South Africa, like me. Doesn't make me feel proud. Sorry to everyone affected.

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 20 Nov 2014 , 1:19pm
post #4 of 7

AContact Facebook. They will investigate. And if they see he/she has stolen cake pics, they will shut her down. This seems to be a growing problem. Being FB is world wide.

Gingerlocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingerlocks Posted 20 Nov 2014 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 7

This kind of thing unfortunately happens all the time. Like mentioned above notify facebook. When this happened to me I contacted them and gave them a piece of my mind..and I would suggest you do the same. Its funny how quickly they back down once you call them out. 

dkltll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dkltll Posted 20 Nov 2014 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 7

WOW! All I could think while scrolling was that their licensing bills must be astronomical...... 8O

cakechic87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakechic87 Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 1:35pm
post #7 of 7

I know, it is terrible. It looks like she either deleted her facebook page or someone reported her. I tried to view her page this morning & it took me to FB's home page.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%