Should I Cancel A Cake If I'm Sick?

Decorating By LaurenAW Updated 7 Nov 2014 , 10:55pm by MimiFix

LaurenAW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenAW Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 3

So I have a birthday cake I have to decorate tonight (It's already baked). The mom is coming to pick it up tomorrow and the little boy's birthday party is on Sunday. I felt fine yesterday but when I woke up this morning my throat was hurting. And now I'm starting to feel worse. The worst headache, my body is achey, throat still hurts. Should I tell the mom that I can't make it because I'm sick? She asked me to make this cake a few months ago. I would hate to tell her at the last minute that I can't do it, but at the same time I don't really want to. Should I just make it anyway? I'm new at this so I don't know what I should do.

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 3

I'd call your customer right away and tell her that you think you're coming down with something. Based on your body ache comment you might have the flu, and if I was the customer and you let me know I'd be happy to have you cancel on me!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 3

If you know another cake decorator who can finish the cake, call and ask them. Otherwise, as @costumeczar said, call your customer and tell her you are sick. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%