Cupcake Cakes

Decorating By krysoco Updated 10 Oct 2014 , 7:22pm by krysoco

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 10 Oct 2014 , 5:06am
post #1 of 9

AMy daughter wants a cupcake cake shaped like a cross for a baptism. Never did one of these before. Do I arrange cupcakes first then frost ? Or frost individually, arrange on board then fill in spaces? Tia!

8 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 10 Oct 2014 , 7:05am
post #2 of 9

AYou could do it either way. I prefer to arrange and then Ice. I attach them with some melted white chocolate or a plop of buttercream so they don't slip

sweetlinxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlinxo Posted 10 Oct 2014 , 7:06am
post #3 of 9

ALike this pic I posted? If it was me, I would frost it first and than arrange it into a cross shape like in pic. Should be simple to do. Hth:)[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3293316/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

krysoco Posted 10 Oct 2014 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 9

AOk, so it's a preference how it's done then. Yes, exactly what she had in mind! Thanks

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 10 Oct 2014 , 4:57pm
post #5 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetlinxo 

Like this pic I posted? If it was me, I would frost it first and than arrange it into a cross shape like in pic. Should be simple to do. Hth:)

if you frost first then you aren't able to close all the gaps, making the cupcakes look like a solid object.

It also gives you the opportunity to move things around so that you get the right shape for your product and your board. 

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 10 Oct 2014 , 7:09pm
post #6 of 9

I love your cupcake cross!!! Awesome looking!!

sweetlinxo Posted 10 Oct 2014 , 7:11pm
post #7 of 9

AI mad[quote name="krysoco" url="/t/779887/cupcake-cakes#post_7554843"]Ok, so it's a preference how it's done then. Yes, exactly what she had in mind! Thanks

sweetlinxo Posted 10 Oct 2014 , 7:15pm
post #8 of 9

A

Original message sent by remnant3333

I love your cupcake cross!!! Awesome looking!!

Oh no lol I didn't make that I was just using it as an example:) I forgot to mention that=\

krysoco Posted 10 Oct 2014 , 7:22pm
post #9 of 9

AI want it to look like a solid object: a cross. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%