Pricing Question????????

Decorating By shanienee Updated 1 Oct 2014 , 1:03am by -K8memphis

shanienee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanienee Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 8

HELLLPPPPP!!!!

I got a call today from a co-worker who needs 2 different half sheet cakes for Saturday. One is marble with whipped frosting and an edible image. The other is chocolate with buttercream and an edible image. The way I priced it, it came out to roughly $141 each. Does that sound right, or is that to much for a sheet cake?

I haven't told her the price yet because I want some input on the price. And that's not including extra for ordering late or anything. I have to move my plans on Friday to pull these cakes off.

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 8

how many servings in your half sheet cakes? the terms quarter half & full sheet can be confusing --

shanienee Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 8

I have the half sheet pans that you buy in Sam's Club. They are 13X18

-K8memphis Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 8

so one layer? serving size 2x2? 50 servings give or take?

if yes, yes and yes -- then $141 is respectable

shanienee Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 8

I always do double layers on sheet cakes for the height without frosting height. I really don't do a lot of sheet cakes, which is why this is stumping me.

-K8memphis Posted 30 Sep 2014 , 11:44pm
post #6 of 8

so that's 100 servings for less than $1.40 each* -- how does that sound to you?

*edible image is ten bucks or so maybe

you could do a double layer 9x13 which serves 50 give or take for the $140 -- so you'd just bake the half sheet and cut it in half and stack them on top of each other -- they'd be about 4" tall? or is she expecting a certain size she's seen you do before?

shanienee Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 12:51am
post #7 of 8

She wanted to be a cheapskate. She only wanted to pay $50 total. I'm like NOOOOOOO can do. Supplies cost more than that.

-K8memphis Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 1:03am
post #8 of 8

$25 for each cake? whoa that's quite a price -- good luck to her -- and you were going to give her twice as much!  she needs to go to sam's they're only $17.63 :-D she can get some change back 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%