Marvel Cake Advice Please

Decorating By jessiecakes1983 Updated 3 Oct 2014 , 7:11pm by jessiecakes1983

jessiecakes1983 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessiecakes1983 Posted 20 Sep 2014 , 10:56am
post #1 of 7

AHi guys,

I I've done quite a few toe tiered cakes now and feel confident about them all.

My friend s asked me to make the exact replica of this cake will put a pic on below, just need some advice please cos think I will be delivering the cake and it's going to be quite tall with the 'Hulk hand' as I'm going t do it out of RKT, modelling chocolate and then fondant etc but would I need to do it with two separate cakes in boxes and then set it up there? I just worry that if I try to carry it all and then Put it in my car if it mes even slightly that it would fall apart? I'm gong to start making it during the week for the sponges with a sturdy base for each one with my carved recipe from all recipes which s foolproof in my eyes.

Has anyone got any suggestions please? I'm going to use non slip mat for the boot of the car so it doesn't move in transport.

Thanks in advance,

Jess

x[ATTACHMENT=1935]image.jpg (1,494k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

6 replies
jessiecakes1983 Posted 20 Sep 2014 , 10:57am
post #2 of 7

ASorry meant to say it will be a 10 inch then an 8 inch and then a six inch x

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 20 Sep 2014 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 7

Make sure your support system is solid.  I prefer to use SPS for all stacked cakes (even small ones).  I also prefer to have all of my cakes stacked and ready to delivery before transporting.  Make sure that you use an extra strong cake base board (particle board, etc...) and bring someone with you to help carry it.  I also keep all toppers off of the cake until delivery just in case they were to fall over and break.  Good luck!

jessiecakes1983 Posted 22 Sep 2014 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 7

Hi Dukeswalker,

sorry only just replying now. I would love to use the SPS system but it just costs way too much. Yep will definately be doing it seperately for the hulk hand and thanks for your advice it's much appreciated.

thanks

Jess

x

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 22 Sep 2014 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiecakes1983 

Hi Dukeswalker,

sorry only just replying now. I would love to use the SPS system but it just costs way too much. Yep will definately be doing it seperately for the hulk hand and thanks for your advice it's much appreciated.

thanks

Jess

x

I'm not sure where you are - but I can buy the plate and legs needed for under $3/tier. I use the SPS plate and generic plastic tubes.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 22 Sep 2014 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 7

The SPS is really not expensive at all.  Maybe you are confusing it with the Stress Free support system?  That one IS costly.

Look for SPS at Country Kitchen Sweet Art 

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shop/cake-decorating-supplies/bakery-craft-round-square-plates-with/38/537/1170/

jessiecakes1983 Posted 3 Oct 2014 , 7:11pm
post #7 of 7

A[ATTACHMENT=1964]image.jpg (1,096k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]Awww thanks everyone for your advice and will certainly give it a try, luckily it made it t two places in one piece

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%