Does This Make Anyone Else's Eye Twitch...

Decorating By Cakespirations Updated 9 Aug 2014 , 6:14am by morganchampagne

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 8 Aug 2014 , 6:24am
post #31 of 37

AOh bless you, that's it!

Margaret393 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margaret393 Posted 8 Aug 2014 , 6:43am
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

i would have been over the moon still be smiling if my mother let me make a birthday cake like that --

and something i tried to teach my kids is to see the beauty in even the homeliest lopsided cupcake because it probably took the baker a lot more time & energy than they know -- in other words it's not fair to compare to mom.

"comparing ourselves to ourselves is not wise" trying to do better than last time is a more worthy goal --

I AGREE with K8memphis

Well said!!!

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 8 Aug 2014 , 9:07am
post #33 of 37

Sandra Lee's 'food' is straight up foul. She makes carnival food look like 4 star Michelin, that's how low her food standards are. Yes, it's very clear that she has incredible bad food taste and zero culture.

She has no business being on TV doing anything with food- and it should not be acceptable. There is nothing to admire in her. 

Thankfully, she is practically unknown outside of America, the rest of world would have a good laugh (and get sick at the same time). 

I wonder if she,herself, eats such junk? She should be about the size of truck by now. 

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 8 Aug 2014 , 1:10pm
post #34 of 37

The more I read about this the more disturbed I get. All for a paycheck ranging from $100 to $400 a recipe, WOW! I bet if they had the main ingredients (black eyed peas, okra, peanuts, yams and collard greens) for Kwanzaa on Chopped and said you have 45 minutes to come up with an amazing dessert they would have blew that abomination clean out of the water. And they would have done it for free just to showcase their skills. I seen better cooking by the cafeteria ladies on that show! No insult to them because I'm still searching for lost public school lunch recipes. The chocolate cake made with green beans is phenomenal!

I didn't even have to be a cake for Pete's sake. I can think right off the top of my head how to make something semi-homemade with peanuts and yams. How about a PIE?

"She has nothing against African Americans and Jews", really? Could have fooled me and this is coming from a "Seasoned Food Professional" that had to pay the bills, Ha! Pay the bills my aunt Sally's Swiss rolls! She would have been better off letting this one ride by not even making a statement. But hey, they both got paid so I guess it's good business even if it is like a slap in the face to some people.

Okay I quit, my eye is starting to twitch :-P 

customcakesbysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
customcakesbysa Posted 8 Aug 2014 , 1:55pm
post #35 of 37

To be fair, the *idea* here is not bad.  A lot of parents (especially where I'm from) can't afford a custom decorated cake for their kids' birthdays.  Buying a store cake and customizing it yourself a bit (hopefully in a little more tasteful way) is a fantastic alternative - and the kids can help.  I grew up on grocery store cakes - honestly, there weren't other alternatives unless you happened to know someone who did cakes & we didn't.  This would've been fun to do with my mom for my birthday.  No, it's not a $500 cake, but having a pro do a custom cake with that many servings would've been pretty pricey.

And yes, almost everything Sandra Lee does is beyond tacky.  But sometimes there a good tidbit of an idea in there that is useful.  Now I'm off to see the Kwanza cake because I can't resist.

chicagocake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chicagocake Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 3:18am
post #36 of 37

I feel like I would totally pay $500 for a cake by Mario Lopez! 

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 6:14am
post #37 of 37

AMy boyfriend knows NOTHING about food, one morning she was on the tv and he goes "is this lady legit?" I mean she's not even fooling non food people anymore lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%