Any Ideas On How To Make A "stained Glass" Castle To Put Atop A Birthday Cake?

Decorating By Pokchok Updated 19 Jul 2014 , 1:14pm by costumeczar

Pokchok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pokchok Posted 13 Jul 2014 , 11:13pm
post #1 of 9

AI'm making a Frozen cake for my daughters birthday & would love to have a small Elsa ice castle on top. Any ideas or suggestions???

8 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Jul 2014 , 12:11am
post #2 of 9

AHere's one way to do it. You could also use gelatin sheets. http://acaketorememberva.blogspot.com/2013/01/using-isomalt-for-stained-glass-effects.html

Pokchok Posted 14 Jul 2014 , 12:20am
post #3 of 9

AThank you so much, costumeczar! Do you happen to know how to make a watercolor effect in the isomalt? I wanted to make panes of "ice" to construct the ice castle. Could I mix different colors (white, light blue & dark blue), pour them all in & then mix them up?

costumeczar Posted 14 Jul 2014 , 1:20am
post #4 of 9

AYes, as long as the isomalt isn't too hot. If it's too runny it will all mix together, but if you let it cool off and thicken a little you'll be able to control it some.

Know what...I'll do little video for my youtube channel tomorrow with the different colors. I have to make some isomalt stuff tomorrow anyway and that would make an interesting demo.

costumeczar Posted 14 Jul 2014 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 9

Here's a link to the video, I know it's a little hard to see but I had to work fast to get the isomalt in the frame before it cooled off too much. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLm2y2ofD2M&list=UUDru9n0gVtJlapF93R1npSw

Pokchok Posted 18 Jul 2014 , 4:18am
post #6 of 9

ATHANK YOU SO MUCH for making that video! It was very helpful & so very kind of you!! I will def post pics of the cake/ice castle so you can see how it turned out.

P.S... the video was perfect, I had no problems seeing the process you were describing! Thank you, again!!

costumeczar Posted 18 Jul 2014 , 11:22am
post #7 of 9

AGood, I don't have a lot of decent places to film things, so I do them hoping that it's clear enough...

rasnokc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rasnokc Posted 19 Jul 2014 , 5:28am
post #8 of 9

AIs there any way I can see the video?

costumeczar Posted 19 Jul 2014 , 1:14pm
post #9 of 9

A

Original message sent by rasnokc

Is there any way I can see the video?

The link is in this thread a couple of comments above. I took it off of my channel and made it link-only because I want to redo it to make it clearer,but you can get to it by clicking the link in the comments above.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%