How To Daisy, In Bc

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 20 Jun 2014 , 3:40pm by 2txmedics

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 20 Jun 2014 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 6

Needing help...never have done a Daisy flower in BC. what I need to know is this....I've seen videos how they are done...if I make it and place it in something to give it shape, like an egg crate foam piece ....and put in the freezer for a bit.....

Will it hold its shape once I place it on the cake? How do I get the BC Daisy to keep the shape I want it too??? I live in Texas, and it's hot and humid, the cake is for inside...but I have to get it there also.  and can I add several layers of petals to make it look fuller also.

Is there anyway to have it keep its shape if done in BC?? and if I decide that this wont work...and try working it in Fondant...can it be eaten??? Sorry...I dont work in fondant...we tend to not get along. lol

Oh!! I forgot to tell you, Im a Visual person...so if you all have BC Daisies I would love to see them PLEASE!!! 

Thanks!!!

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Jun 2014 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 6

add cornstarch to your buttercream or fondant--

2txmedics Posted 20 Jun 2014 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 6

Corn Starch makes the BC stiff??? Do I add it into the recipe for my flowers? or sprink it on it...sorry I know dumb question. 

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 20 Jun 2014 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2txmedics 

....and put in the freezer for a bit.....

Will it hold its shape once I place it on the cake?

...and try working it in Fondant...can it be eaten???

No; BC directly on cake, RI in advance.

Fondant is edible.

http://www.wilton.com/technique/Daisy-1

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Jun 2014 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2txmedics 

Corn Starch makes the BC stiff??? Do I add it into the recipe for my flowers? or sprink it on it...sorry I know dumb question. 

no i should have been clearer in my explanation-- as a pro decorator i always kept a squirt bottle of water and a shaker of cornstarch at my station so i could adjust my icing -- a 5 gallon bucket full -- as needed -- but i just would adjust a bit of it at a time--not the whole bucket full -- either loosen it with the water or stiffen it up with cornstarch and just mix an area the size of where my spatula could reach --so you can make it as usual and add the cs after --

2txmedics Posted 20 Jun 2014 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 6

Ok, thank you!...was wondering how I would get a stiffer BC daisy...with some petals up and some down...and the flower not look FLAT on the cake....I want it to have some contour and depth to it....and not look wilted on there. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%