Fondant

Decorating By lesacero7 Updated 7 Jun 2014 , 2:34pm by lesacero45

lesacero7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesacero7 Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 4:11am
post #1 of 6

AI made a minion fondant cake and i think i made a mistake? My cake is two layer i put filling between them and cover it with buttercream icing put it in a fridge overnight! The next day i cool down my cake to ro temp and cover it with yellow fondant, it was great but then after 3hours it started to crack and melt. What i have done wrong? Is it because of the weather? Btw we have hot weather. Because of the filling between? My friend said that i can make fondant cake without icing underneath? I just need to spray a little amount of water to stick the fondant. Help me pls!

5 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 11:15am
post #2 of 6

What buttercream recipe did you use?  If it is too hot your buttercream could have softened too much and moved which would have caused the fondant to move and crack too.

hamtrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamtrina Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 6

I'm not a professional, and learn by asking all the great ones here on CC...maybe next time instead of using BC use ganache. I found it is so much better, hope that helps :)

lesacero45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesacero45 Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 6

A

Original message sent by hamtrina

I'm not a professional, and learn by asking all the great ones here on CC...maybe next time instead of using BC use ganache. I found it is so much better, hope that helps :)

Ganache? Wow great idea! Do i need to freeze the cake with ganache then cover it quickly with fondant?

lesacero45 Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 2:30pm
post #5 of 6

A

Original message sent by 810whitechoc

What buttercream recipe did you use?  If it is too hot your buttercream could have softened too much and moved which would have caused the fondant to move and crack too.

Buttercream with creamcheese

400g Butter 300 g Icing sugar 100 g Creamcheese, actually i just made that cause i think adding creamcheese will lessen the sweetness of the icing.

lesacero45 Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 2:34pm
post #6 of 6

AGuys do u use heavg mixer for fondant? Or just kneading it by hand?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%