Posting Other Peoples Cakes On Facebook!!!!!!!

Decorating By Jenmarlene Updated 2 Jun 2014 , 8:19pm by dirtycakes

Jenmarlene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenmarlene Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 2:04am
post #1 of 46

theres a lady from CT that has post sooo many pictures on her facebook page that is clearly not hers and takes the credit for it!! please look her up and claim your cakes my fellow bakers. her page is Michelle's cake's & More.

45 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 2:25am
post #2 of 46

Were your cakes posted on the other website?

lucyc1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucyc1980 Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 2:35am
post #3 of 46

There's a variety of cakes on her facebook page; some are very well done and others not so. It's always a good idea to stamp your watermark on your work whenever posting it online (PicMonkey has free software). If your watermark overlaps the cake a little, it's much harder for others to crop out or erase.

Jenmarlene Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 2:38am
post #4 of 46

yes last year, I commented and said "thats my cake" she said, I'm sorry someone emailed it to me so she can dupilcate it and posted it

Jenmarlene Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 2:39am
post #5 of 46

thanks, I will start doing that.

dirtycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dirtycakes Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 2:54am
post #6 of 46

AOn her wall feed there is a beautiful elephant baby shower cake that she says is "ready to go"... It's the exact picture of a cake made by Kitagrl in the baby shower gallery.

What a fraud! So sad...

Jenmarlene Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 2:58am
post #7 of 46

its wrong, her work isn't consistent, you can tell which ones she made and which were stolen pics. 

dirtycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dirtycakes Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 3:03am
post #8 of 46

A

Original message sent by Jenmarlene

its wrong, her work isn't consistent, you can tell which ones she made and which were stolen pics. 

Absolutely!

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 3:05am
post #9 of 46

That's awful. There is a huge discrepancy between ones she's claiming she made and the ones she most likely made. I don't think the shoe cake that says Happy 40th Jane is hers - she even wishes Jane a happy birthday in the post!! 

RedneckRuffle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedneckRuffle Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 3:13am
post #10 of 46

Asome of the pictures look like they were taken with a phone. Others look like they were taken professionally in a studio.

MBalaska Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 3:24am
post #11 of 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmarlene 

theres a lady from CT that has post sooo many pictures on her facebook page that is clearly not hers and takes the credit for it!! please look her up and claim your cakes my fellow bakers. her page is Michelle's cake's & More.

As she's from the same area as you, have you met her yet?

Nadiaa Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 3:27am
post #12 of 46

The juicy couture cake with the two dogs on top of it is a cake from Rumba Bakery Cafe in Connecticut. It's in their gallery. Exact same photo and took me about 2 minutes to find the true owner of the cake - that she's taking credit for. 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 4:14am
post #13 of 46

A

Original message sent by Jenmarlene

theres a lady from CT that has post sooo many pictures on her facebook page that is clearly not hers and takes the credit for it!! please look her up and claim your cakes my fellow bakers. her page is [B]Michelle's cake's & More[/B].

I guess the stolen cakes are the "MORE"!

Nadiaa Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 4:17am
post #14 of 46

LOL Pastrybaglady! I just cannot fathom how someone would put those cakes up if they have no hope of replicating it! Are they planning on delivering a cake wreck? Do they have no conscience at all????? 

Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 4:55am
post #15 of 46

Its all about getting more business right??  lol.  I have found a few cakes that I know are not ones she has done, and I have commended her on her choices for inspiration cakes. :)

goodvibrations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodvibrations Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 7:57am
post #16 of 46

I went to her facebook page just for laughs and found one of my cakes within seconds. A crappy looking cake at that! I posted a comment that included links to my facebook page and website where MY CAKE is also posted.

This is what i posted. Now I'm gonna look for more ;)

"Vicki Catchings Alexander Excuse me but this cake was designed, made, photographed and sold by me, "Cakes by Vicki" ....... I don't mind if you post my images on your page if you request and receive my permission and then give me credit as designer, decorator and photographer. Thank You. I have included links to original sites where this cake can be found. http://www.cakesbyvicki.net/#!about_us/c1se https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=458398814251760&set=a.179986408759670.42723.109510005807311&type=3&theater http://www.cakesbyvicki.net/

www.cakesbyvicki.net

Ordering info, prices, etc.

anaelisabethlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anaelisabethlee Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 8:20am
post #17 of 46

I can't get past the Cake's (sic) error, that alone would stop me buying...

goodvibrations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodvibrations Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 8:32am
post #18 of 46

Ahh right! I was so busy playing cake detective that I didn't notice the lousy punctuation in her company name.

She even thanked a couple people for complimenting my/her cake.  At that point she could've easily said that it was an inspiration cake if that was her true intent. However, she was clearly claiming it as her own.

Dang, I wish she'd stolen a better looking or at least more recent picture from my page :)

Nadiaa Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 8:56am
post #19 of 46

Yeah, I made a comment on her peanut butter cupcakes (the ones posted with the white flowers). She claims the cupcakes are hers but I know they are Jaclyn's from her blog! 

MBalaska Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 9:19am
post #20 of 46

the balloon cake, lower down on the page, is coped from this page on the internet. (a photography studio)

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/10-popular-diy-ideas-pinterest

maxman121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxman121 Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 11:45am
post #21 of 46

Many off my pics where taken off directly from my listings and posted on facebook and used on websites.I tried complaining to facebook it takes a lot of time to remove them.Now i watermark all my photos and do resize them to the appropriate size in bulk using this software called Mass Watermark.

Take a look at this video

0.jpg

Jenmarlene Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 12:24pm
post #22 of 46

I never met her....shes in a different town

Jenmarlene Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 12:29pm
post #23 of 46

good for you, lol....i went to her page and didnt see the pic, she must of deleted it.

Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 4:56pm
post #24 of 46

The newer cakes she is taking down and other things she is editing to add inspiration.  Tells me she knew what she is doing.   I feel for anyone that wanted a cake she didn't do and ended up with the kind she can actually create.

daisybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisybee Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 5:29pm
post #25 of 46

AWaouw! this girl is amazing! She keeps saying "thanks" to all the "amazing" and "wonderful" whereas it is obvious to see her cakes and the ones of real cake designers. sometimes She posts a pic and says it s not hers but "She can do it for sure" ... how sad! I feel really sorry for her customer.

RedneckRuffle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedneckRuffle Posted 2 Jun 2014 , 1:46am
post #26 of 46

A[IMG]http://37.media.tumblr.com/8459cb922be5a73b2e64487082b0abb5/tumblr_mm0k3end0C1qk3ipeo1_500.jpg[/IMG]

HEY, LOOK WHAT I DESIGNED!...............................................Okay, I didn't actually design it, but I reproduced it..................................................Okay, I haven't reproduced it YET, but I COULD if someone wanted me to....................AND, I'll do it for $19.95.

(I actually tried to find the designer/decorator but failed. Awesome cake, though!)

wickeddelish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wickeddelish Posted 2 Jun 2014 , 1:59am
post #27 of 46

AI'm newer at this than most of you and it's beyond obvious even to me which ones are hers vs. stolen. She's got 2 photos with zebra details right next to each other, one has short, crooked spaced-apart stripes and the one right after is flawles and professionally photographed. It's so sad that someone would do that. Especially on a BUSINESS page. I have absolutely saved photos for inspiration, but they're in a folder on my computer; not on a business page. Way to be professional. None of my cakes are flawless yet and I post every single one so that people see MY work, not perfect cakes that I'm striving to make. I feel bad for anyone whose hard work and ideas are being passed off as her work.

drea88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drea88 Posted 2 Jun 2014 , 3:59am
post #28 of 46

AThis got me curious, so I found a couple more of her "cakes." The Christmas candle cake was posted on Cake Wrecks' Sunday Sweets here: [URL]http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2010/12/sunday-sweets-hanukkah-blues.html?m=1[/URL]. She even went so far as to crop out the watermark that says "copyright." The Sofia the First dress cupcake cake is from here: [URL]http://www.thesweetestbaker.com/?attachment_id=2144[/URL]. She is clearly trying to pass it off as her own with the "Happy 3th [sic] birthday Claire." I would be irate if those were my cakes.

drea88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drea88 Posted 2 Jun 2014 , 4:22am
post #29 of 46

AHer Hennessey cognac bottle cake was done by a cake central member:[URL]http://cakecentral.com/g/i/2903997/vanilla-cake-with-dulce-de-leche-filling/u/748578/[/URL]. I guess I find this irritating because I worked as a T.A. for a professor in college, and one of the students turned in a paper that was copied verbatim from something I had written. This is the equivalent of plagiarism. Probably worse, because she is soliciting business based on cakes she didn't create.

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 2 Jun 2014 , 4:35am
post #30 of 46

Wow! I just found a cake on her page that is one of my ETSY customers cakes. I made the sneakers on top and shipped them to my customer in California. She sent me a photo of her finished cake and it's the same darn cake!!!  She's even claiming flavors for it "Small baby shower cake vanilla with pineapple filling. Top tier chocolate with strawberry filling.":o

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%