Cup Cake Boxes

Baking By emmajamma Updated 4 Jun 2014 , 5:46pm by cai0311

emmajamma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmajamma Posted 29 May 2014 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, All, 

I recently posted about looking for a large cup cake box to carry a train cake in and a good recipe/design  I said I had been unable to find the right sized box. I was looking for something sturdy enough to carry my cake on the train yp to my nephews party(I wanted something a bit different and not a tin) anyway after all your tips on the best way to make a Thomas cake Im happy to say the lady from Millvale called me back to say she has made me a bespoke box, 4 inches deep and the right size!

Just wanted to share this as I know others have probably had the same issues trying to find the right sized boxes for larger cakes and not just cup cakes.

One more question, does anyone know if the cupcake boxes in home bargains are any good? Im keen to start doing more baking again but need some boxes to sell them in at my local cake sells, they are 69p for 2 but look flimsy

I will be posting pics soon of my train cake (hopefully)

2 replies
emmajamma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmajamma Posted 3 Jun 2014 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 3

So I went ahead and bought one of the cheap boxes, it was pretty useless! The top caved in and the sides were flimsy!

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 3

AI tend to put a cake card board in the box. Then cupcakes on top of that. Makes the box sturdier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%