Brown Around The Too Of The Edges A Bit

Baking By SimplyIcedCC Updated 21 May 2014 , 4:00pm by Claire138

SimplyIcedCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIcedCC Posted 20 May 2014 , 2:50am
post #1 of 7

AHey all! :) I have a question of ya guys. Every time I bake my cupcakes, I almost always get this brown edge around the top of the cupcake. It is nowhere near burnt, so it's not over baking them. Or the temperature. I just was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to what I can do to prevent it? Thanks!

6 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 20 May 2014 , 7:26am
post #2 of 7

Maybe if you baked on a lower rack?

SimplyIcedCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIcedCC Posted 20 May 2014 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 7

AGood idea :) I'll try that! Thank you!

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 20 May 2014 , 8:46pm
post #4 of 7

Hope it works!

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 21 May 2014 , 12:55pm
post #5 of 7

Are your muffin pans dark? If so they will make the edges that touch them when baking get darker.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 21 May 2014 , 3:30pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyIcedCC 

Every time I bake my cupcakes, I almost always get this brown edge around the top of the cupcake. It is nowhere near burnt, so it's not over baking them.  

FYI - Overbaking means the product spent too much time in the oven. If the oven temp was low during that bake time, products can look acceptable but still be too dry and overbaked. As an example, if cupcakes were baked for 40 minutes at 325 degrees F, they would taste dry but may look fine. 

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 21 May 2014 , 4:00pm
post #7 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiFix 

FYI - Overbaking means the product spent too much time in the oven. If the oven temp was low during that bake time, products can look acceptable but still be too dry and overbaked. As an example, if cupcakes were baked for 40 minutes at 325 degrees F, they would taste dry but may look fine. 

That's interesting Mimi, I  don't bake mine for that long & have not had a problem with dryness but appreciate knowing that now. Thanks;-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%