What Are These Little Balls Called In These Little Cups?

Decorating By sarascakecreations Updated 10 Apr 2014 , 1:39am by sarascakecreations

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 10

AHello,

So I follow a few bakeries on Instagram but don't want to come right out and ask them... As to not offend them I would just like to know how to so it myself. What are these little balls in these mini cups below? I want to have some on my daughters table for her birthday but I have no idea what it's called or where to buy it for that matter. If it helps I am in Ontario Canada so if anyone knows where to buy that would be great! I just don't know if it's chocolate, or candy or ice cream or what?..

Thanks in advance

Sara

9 replies
Rudd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rudd Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 10

I think they are candy coated chocolate balls. They have them in Party City (a party store here in the States) in all different colors & I've even seen them in Walmart in baking aisle. Not sure where you would get them in Canada though.

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 10

ASixlets

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 10:38pm
post #6 of 10

AI am in Ontario, too. I order stuff from either Golda's Kitchen or Flour Confections; they both have what you are looking for.

http://kitchenware.goldaskitchen.com/search?w=Chocolate+beads&asug=&x=-106&y=-124

http://www.flourconfections.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Sixlets&osCsid=25c97026fe70352ccab071381d5749df

Edit: Just noticed you are in Toronto. You could pretty easily go to Golda's Kitchen to get them and save the shipping cost. Their store is in Mississauga.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 10

ALooks like freeze dried ice cream balls to me...neopolitan flavors

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 11:45pm
post #8 of 10

AThink they are little candy dragees. I'm in Ontario, also, Burlington. I just bought some at Bulk Barn last week. They come in several colours. Green, white, pink, etc.

sarascakecreations Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 12:55am
post #9 of 10

AThanks everyone for your input.

I don't think they are the candy coated chocolate balls because at one table they are served with a spoon, and well I don't think you can just bite into a mouth fills of candy balls.

They may be little ice cream frozen balls however the only thing I have seen similar to that is called dippin dots and they are much tinier?... Unless someone has seen balls a tad larger than dippin dots?

As you wish .... I think you may be right, do you think they are the 'crispearls' at Golda's kitchen?

I have shopped at mccalls, goldas(online), and flower confections but I've only ever seen the candy balls.

What do you think?

sarascakecreations Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 1:39am
post #10 of 10

AThe reason I'm thinking its those from Golda's kitchen is because in the description it says its a cereal crunch type center covered in chocolate. And I definately think you can take a small bite of those! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%