ADoes anyone know anything about sparklers on the top of cake? Is there a certain way to go about using them in the cake? Does anyone know where I can get real sparkly ones that are safe? Please help? Thanks
ANone of them are safe. They burn at a thousand degrees, and throw tiny flecks of hot metal off.
AOh my bad, they burn at 2000 degrees Fahrenheit!
AThere definitely is a food safe sparkler. I used one once on a cake. You have to get it from a professional pyrotechnics company. Even the ash is safe.
AWell that's cool, I need to Google that and get some then.
I had the same experience, sparklers shot off all kinds of tiny black specks all over the cakes surface. Glad to know that there's food safe ones now.
AThe food safe ones look really different. They are not sticks, but tubes sbout 3/8" diameter. The ash is gray. I put one on a cske at a wedding show for the pyro guy to demo.
AOk I found some on a site that advertises them as "wedding cake sparklers" does that sound remotely like what you may have demonstrated Leah?
AThe cake is for this week so I will have a pic at the end of the week