Beyond Buttercream/fromscratchsf

Baking By mypinkbakery Updated 29 Apr 2014 , 6:49pm by sixinarow

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 4:30pm
post #121 of 135

A

Original message sent by JWinslow

Knock it off, K8!  Many people already know you have problems with Jen and there is much more to it than one post from TWO months ago.  Stop trying to derail another thread because of your personal dislikes.   THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE RECIPES  - Bring it back around and let it go.

;-D Exactly.

nancylee61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 4:40pm
post #122 of 135

AOkay Mimi, I was going to be quiet as you asked me to but you got yourself involved here. Jen is a bully who can't take criticism. Now she is slandering me saying I am in "crazy town " when she is the one who went ballistic because I dared question her recipe cost. You are all really ridiculous, coming to her defense.

And Jen, slander me personally in public again, there will be a consequence. Nancy

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 4:47pm
post #123 of 135
Sigh.  And people wonder where all the good CC posters went.

Bye all, you are welcome to PM me direct with any questions you have about the recipe since this thread will most definitely get deleted.

Keep it classy, CC.
nancylee61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 4:52pm
post #124 of 135

AClassy people don't snap at criticism and slander people by calling them cutesy names like "crazy town." Love how you pretend to be above it all while calling me names and slandering me personally. People see how you have behaved. Nancy

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 5:16pm
post #125 of 135

I don't know FromScrathSF personally, but having read the available exchanges, I saw no slander, nor did I see FromScratchSF go ballistic. She wrote the recipes and she has tried to help anyone who had any trouble with them, meanwhile having to survive attacks and nonsensical "advice" (which was just drivel).

Cakes don't take a hard and fast cooking time for everyone. Good bakers know how long a cake should bake depending on their experience, their oven, by look, by smell, by estimating time based on the thickness of the batter, and a bunch of other things.

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 5:21pm
post #126 of 135

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastrypet 

I don't know FromScrathSF personally, but having read the available exchanges, I saw no slander, nor did I see FromScratchSF go ballistic. She wrote the recipes and she has tried to help anyone who had any trouble with them, meanwhile having to survive attacks and nonsensical "advice" (which was just drivel).

I agree with the above en plus, ScrathSF has helped countless of us for no charge at all - good for her for trying to make a little on the side with her wonderful recipe. 

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 5:24pm
post #127 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF 

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastrypet 

Cakes don't take a hard and fast cooking time for everyone. Good bakers know how long a cake should bake depending on their experience, their oven, by look, by smell, by estimating time based on the thickness of the batter, and a bunch of other things.

Exactly - thanks for that.  I personally use smell to make sure i don't over bake.  I don't know how to  tell anyone how to do this - I just know the recipes I use.  Some days the same recipe can take longer to bake than on other days so I've taught myself to recognize how the recipes smell when they are done.

Claire138 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 5:28pm
post #128 of 135

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWinslow 

Exactly - thanks for that.  I personally use smell to make sure i don't over bake.  I don't know how to  tell anyone how to do this - I just know the recipes I use.  Some days the same recipe can take longer to bake than on other days so I've taught myself to recognize how the recipes smell when they are done.

Yep.

sixinarow Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 5:34pm
post #129 of 135

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWinslow 

Smell for me too. And it also depends on which pans I am using. My old wilton ones cool off quicker when I pull my cakes out of the oven but my magic line pans hold onto heat longer. I pull them out a little sooner since they will continue to bake from the residual heat. I know some people like to flip their cakes out right away, but I like to cool mine in the pan for 10-15 minutes. One of those quirky, personal things! :)

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 5:35pm
post #130 of 135

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3227893/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Makes about as much sense as some of the hogwash already posted here.

Claire138 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 5:44pm
post #131 of 135

:D:D:D

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 5:46pm
post #132 of 135

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixinarow 

Smell for me too. And it also depends on which pans I am using. My old wilton ones cool off quicker when I pull my cakes out of the oven but my magic line pans hold onto heat longer. I pull them out a little sooner since they will continue to bake from the residual heat. I know some people like to flip their cakes out right away, but I like to cool mine in the pan for 10-15 minutes. One of those quirky, personal things! :)

The pans - good point.  I thought about that after I posted.  I have several different brands and they all bake with different results.

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 6:08pm
post #133 of 135

Sixinarow! I love your tag line!!!!! Easpecially since I am a grandma and my 3 year old and 18 months old grandchildren actually start dancing when they know I am baking a cake for them!:grin:

Quote:

Let's eat grandma. Let's eat, grandma. Punctuation saves lives

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 6:45pm
post #134 of 135

Well that escalated quickly

sixinarow Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 6:49pm
post #135 of 135

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie93095 

Sixinarow! I love your tag line!!!!! Easpecially since I am a grandma and my 3 year old and 18 months old grandchildren actually start dancing when they know I am baking a cake for them!:grin:

Hehe, thank you! Who says grammar can't be fun! ;)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%