Everyone Loved The Cake To I Want Refund

Business By krissy50 Updated 24 Mar 2014 , 2:13am by sarahgale314

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 23 Mar 2014 , 11:33pm
post #31 of 34

ALol. If I have downtime I'll make it this week and take detailed pictures or something. But I just use her recipe exactly as it is..and follow all her instructions. Using reverse creaming method...room temp ingredients. Also my oven runs correctly so I bake at 350. I can't be the only one lol!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 1:40am
post #32 of 34

AMaybe I'll try it again this week too, just out of curiosity. I haven't made it in 15 years at least because that's when I was messing around with recipes. I can't remember what I didn't like about it.

sarahgale314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahgale314 Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 2:08am
post #33 of 34

AI use her yellow cake recipe. I did notice that I must WEIGH all the ingredients, especially the egg yolks to get it to turn out well, and definitely have the ingredients at room temperature. I use the version in the back of The Cake Bible, in the professional baking section with the multiplier for the pan sizes. I sometimes use buttermilk in place of the milk too, and that really makes it good. I do a "cinnamon roll" cupcake with the yellow cake recipe, with buttermilk and adding a teaspoon of cinnamon to the dry ingredients. I top it with cream cheese frosting which I whip 2 tablespoons of real maple syrup into. They're phenomenal. For cupcakes, I also use 2/3 of the flour weight as cake flour and the last 1/3 of the weight as unbleached all purpose flour. This prevents them from being so crumbly.

sarahgale314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahgale314 Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 2:13am
post #34 of 34

AI have to add, the recipes I use the most are the chocolate cake recipe and the white cake, modified so that I call it "vanilla bean cake" on my website. I weigh out the egg whites, and add 1 yolk in addition to the whites. I use vanilla bean paste and pure almond extract in the wet ingredients. I like to add citrus zests and other flavorings too. You can make a killer coconut cake if you do the vanilla bean cake variation I make and substitute 3/4 of the milk for canned cream of coconut and the last 1/4 water. Substitute pure coconut extract for the almond extract. Frost it with Swiss meringue buttercream with 1/4 cup of cream of coconut beat in at the end. It's insanely good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%