I Need Help With This Cake....

Decorating By julies1122 Updated 13 Mar 2014 , 9:25pm by howboutbake

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 13 Mar 2014 , 8:30pm
post #31 of 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayti 

We've discussed this cake before and most, including myself, came to the conclusion that they are not fondant or dragee pearls but royal icing pearls applied with an icing bag, which is super fast and easy if you get the consistency of the RI right. But still, I wouldn't do it if I were the bride either.

We have done this exact design, and this is how we did it. I piped ALL of those dots. My hand has never been so sore!

I wouldn't recommend a bride do it either!

howboutbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howboutbake Posted 13 Mar 2014 , 9:08pm
post #32 of 34

A

Original message sent by julies1122

Thanks for all the advice guys...my origional cake is a 3 tier with ribbon and 1 row of rhinestones. I'm only having about 50 people but the Baker said it would feed about 100. The origional price is $390. She quoted me $1000 for this cake in 3 tiers. I thought that was quite a price jump for the pearls and figured I could place them myself but after reading how time consuming it is I think I will see if she has any ideas for something similar but more price friendly. If you all have any suggestions I would appreciate them. And I like the cake because it is just beautiful and makes a statement. It just says look at me!

It's awesome that you are being so open to new ideas! There are TONS of ways to 'glam' up a cake while staying in a budget and I am sure you will find the one for you.

Might I recommend pinterest? :grin:

Also, I think when you talk to the baker, letting her know that you understand just how much time and effort she puts into making these cakes would make her day. I am sure she deals with a lot of inflexible and pouty people who just don't get it.

I hope you stick around! You just might find a new hobby :lol:

julies1122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julies1122 Posted 13 Mar 2014 , 9:18pm
post #33 of 34

big thanks to everyone for all your advise...i just spoke to my baker and she is going to do the "pearls" in royal icing for me for $125! thanks Dayti for that idea!! i dont expect it to be exact but im sure my baker will do a fantastic job!! again thanks to everyone who told me not to do it because i agree i will be to stressed and time crunched and for the new idea to make it within my budget!! i will post a pic to show the final result after my wedding in may. you all were a great help!!!

howboutbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howboutbake Posted 13 Mar 2014 , 9:25pm
post #34 of 34

A:grin: :madhatter: :party:

Congrats!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%