Lace Mold

Business By LeslieBruckman Updated 11 Mar 2014 , 8:05pm by mrsgreshcakes

LeslieBruckman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeslieBruckman Posted 28 Feb 2014 , 6:02am
post #1 of 3

I'm purchasing some lace molds for my business because I have a few wedding cakes booked in the coming months that need them (I feel sort of behind on the whole lace trend, but oh well).

Anyway... I'm looking for the best price and most versatility. And found this resin mold http://www.globalsugarart.com/angel-blonde-mold-by-rvo-p-24025.html by RVO. I've used plenty of silicone molds for other things, so I know how awesome they can be and my alternatives to this mold are silicone. But, I like this one because of it's size and it looks like you could get a lot of smaller pieces out of the design also, to get some different looks. This mold in particular looks to be a 2 piece mold with quite a long looking process to get each piece.

My questions are: Has anyone used these resin molds? The process looks time consuming, do you find it so? Is the end result a better looking piece of lace? Do  you notice a difference over lace from silicone mold versus a resin mold like this? Any other inputs?

Thanks!

2 replies
LeslieBruckman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeslieBruckman Posted 28 Feb 2014 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 3

Anyone?

mrsgreshcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsgreshcakes Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 3

ALeslie, I have two resin mold s and two silicone molds and I have to say that I've had much better luck with the silicone. I just can't get the resin to work.

Just my two cents :-)

Nicole

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%