Abstract

Decorating By prettycupcake Updated 18 Feb 2014 , 10:24pm by ria123

prettycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycupcake Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone,

Been a long long time I haven't been on here....Any-who, a client is asking me for an abstract babyshower cake with butterflies, I'm at a bit of a loss...What would you do??? Nothing comes to mind for some reason. 

Thanks guys!

Heidi

5 replies
DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 6

AHow big is the cake?

I would have the butterflies landed to make the silhouette of a pregnant woman. Have a few flying towards the silhouette.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 6

AOh oh! You could do a large butterfly and the wing patterns could suttlely be items associated with babies...like a hide and seek drawing.

ria123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ria123 Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 6

Everyone has a different idea of what 'Abstract' means, so I would get the client to send you some pictures with a few different ideas of the styles and colours she wants and then design something from there x

prettycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycupcake Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 6

The cake is 45 servings, so two tiers. She send me a picture of an abstract cake and said she didnt want it like that lol...IDK I'll have to talk to her again...thanks ladies! 

ria123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ria123 Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 10:24pm
post #6 of 6

I would definitely ask her for some pics of what she does like rather than what she doesn't like. Or at least get her to describe a few ideas to you. I'm just thinking that if you google 'abstract cakes' you get some very different styles and ideas, she might think of abstract in a completely different way to how you think of something that is abstract x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%