Calling All Creative Minds!!

Decorating By ge978 Updated 20 Sep 2005 , 1:25pm by ge978

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 11

Hi Guys,
I just got an order to do a baby shower cake. I had some really good ideas, but just found out the theme to the shower is Blues Clues. My ideas don't really fit this theme so now I'm starting from scratch. I don't want to use fondant or sculpting on this one... I have a Blues Clues pan, but have used it several times and was hoping I wasn't going to need it for this cake. I have a few different ideas but I was hoping for a really creative one. You guys have helped me before, so I know how great your ideas are. Oh, and the shower is for a boy...thanks ahead of time for your input.

10 replies
momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 11

I think you could do a cake similar to the strawberry shortcake three tiered in the wilton yearbook 05 except do it with blues clues colors. Also you don't have to do it with the fondant like they do, just use buttercream.
I am doing a cake similar to it, but doing a barbie theme.
Then you could place a blues clues figure on top of the cake.

good luck.

mrwarnke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrwarnke Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 11

Try these links out...cute ideas

http://www.samscakecreations.co.uk/Pics/large/Kids/BluesClues%20008%20-%20lifted.jpg

http://www.michellebommarito.com/images/cakes/celebration/large/v/bluesClues.jpg

This previous one looks to have a little fondant on it - but not covered in it.

Here's a napkin image that would be cute for a baby shower...

http://thepartyworks.com/images/shop/blufir02.jpg?osCsid=f946c1dfef777d36659eb0ba3b196ff0

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 11

It would be cool if you could expand more on the "game" of Blues Clues. Maybe take one of the "riddles" off one of the shows and do a cake around that and have like the three clues incorporated on a tiered cake and use notebook and maybe even incorporate Salt and Pepper and Mailbox. Possibly even Joe and Steve too.

Just an idea.

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 11

By the way, can you tell I have a three year old and an eighteen month old and Blues Clues is just a way of life in this household? icon_smile.gif

Bubbles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbles Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 11

I made a blues clues cake that was 2 tired, with paw prints. It turned out pretty cute. It is in my photos if you want to look.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 8:30pm
post #7 of 11

I love the napkin link! That would be perfect for a blues clues baby shower!

ge978 Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 9:18pm
post #8 of 11

These are all really great ideas...Bubbles that cake is awesome! You did a great job. I also like the napkin link...I'm just not sure if I want to do a sheet cake with a transfer or a tiered cake. I think the problem is that they gave me too much notice icon_lol.gif ...I do my best work under tight deadlines and pressure.

mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 9:27pm
post #9 of 11

I like the napkin idea too. That makes it more "baby showerish" rather than just Blues Clues, which has nothing to do with a baby, more kid like. If you can mold out of fondant or gumpaste the napkin idea would be great. Or you could even do a BCT. Very cute idea!

Thalia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thalia Posted 19 Sep 2005 , 9:53pm
post #10 of 11

The napkin is cute. You could almost do ANY baby shower cake with a baby in it and replace the baby with "Baby Blue" (i.e. Blue wearing a diaper or holding a bottle etcicon_smile.gif. If you did the Baby Blocks cake, the sides could have Blue , Magenta, Periwinkle , salt and pepper, pail and shovel and Steve/Joe on themicon_smile.gif

I'd look at all the baby shower cakes in the gallery and see if you could modify them. I've seen ones with babies in playpens, bassinets, stollers, holding umbrellas and more. Then it all depends on what types of cakes you like or want to do..3D vs sheet vs stacked, fondant vs icing.

Good Luck..will look for picture!

Thalia

ge978 Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 1:25pm
post #11 of 11

I love all these ideas....I think I might do the blocks with variations of bcts, candy melts & fondant bows. I know it sounds like a strange combination but I think its coming together in my head. I might need to sketch it on paper. I always have all of these incomplete ideas running together and sometimes its hard to narrow them down to one cake. I'm still open to suggestions or if someone has a more complete idea of what I was describing. Hope this makes sense...I'm always a little nutty before my coffee.
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%