Cream..

Decorating By chocaholikk Updated 10 Feb 2014 , 1:05pm by chocaholikk

chocaholikk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocaholikk Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 12

AHi everyone. I would like to know how to make chantelle cream...does anybody know the recipie? I understand I need to buy whipping cream...I have tried one before and it tasted horrible. Does anyone know of a brand that is good?

Ps. Im in UK

Thank you my luvlies xx

11 replies
ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 12

Do you mean, "chantilly cream?" If so, that's just another name for whipped cream. 

cream, sugar, and vanilla. 

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 12

AIts just sweetened cream with brandy or vanilla. About 1 tablespoon granulated sugar to every one cup of heavy cream, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla or brandy.

Dump it all into your mixer, mix on high til done.

no idea about brands,it's been too long since I have bought cream there to remember names, lol.

chocaholikk Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 12

AThank you. I tried it. Tasted nasty :( I dont know what im doing wrong.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 1:01pm
post #5 of 12

AWhipped cream is gross.

chocaholikk Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 1:47pm
post #6 of 12

AI agree...but there was a cream I had at a cake shop when I was out for a coffee with a friend...it was amazing. The cream reminded me of school puddings with cream....I asked the lady what cream it was and she just said ehipped cream...after trying several times...I failed so gave up. now I have friends n family who want fresh cream cakes but I have to refuse because I ront know which cream to use!! I dont want to just be the "icing cakes" person... :( stuck!!

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 2:42pm
post #7 of 12

I use icing sugar and vanilla when I make my chantilly cream. There are many different types of creams and pastry creams. There is chantilly, creme patissiere, creme anglaise, creme chiboust, bavarois to just name a few. Experiment!

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 3:27pm
post #8 of 12

I've only made the chantilly cream with icing sugar--vanilla, whipping cream 35% and on occasion a shot or two of Irish whiskey....Keep tasting and add the icing sugar to whipped cream 1 TBS at a time until you get taste you want.  Icing sugar seems sweeter to me .

Another great combo is cream cheese beaten with icing sugar and vanilla.  Whip the cream in a separate bowl .  Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture...Love the taste.  I do 1 part cream cheese to 2 parts whipped cream.

( Just plain whipped cream tastes off to me as well.  I like the vanilla flavour/icing sweetness.)

chocaholikk Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 3:55pm
post #9 of 12

AOoh I shall Google all those creams @lisapeps everytime I do a sea h on the cream types it comes up with 'double cream, single cream, whipping cream etc' Thank u sweetsugarqueen for all your help. I think I need to go buy somw bulk cream and start making n throwing until I get the one I like xx

Sand6244 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sand6244 Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 2:54pm
post #10 of 12

Hi!  If you are looking for "Chantilly cream"  I discovered that it is merely whipped cream with a small amount of a liquor added to it to give it flavor.  I recently was looking for the "Chantilly cream" recipe also and ended up making my own.  This is what I did to make Orange Chantilly Cream.  Two cups of heavy whipping cream and one tablespoon of flavored liquor (Grand Marnier-not sure if you have that, but it is an orange flavored liquor) into my stand mixer (you can also make using a hand mixer with a whisk attachment) and use a whipping (whisk) attachment.  Start it on slow and gradually increase the speed over about 7-8 minutes.  (You are adding air to the cream which makes is become stiff) When it is at whipped cream consistency and it forms peaks, turn the mixer off and add about 1/4 cup of Confectionary sugar.  Turn mixer on slow until sugar is added in.  Don't over mix as I guess the cream will become very hard (so I've read).  I also added about 2 teaspoons of orange zest to mine to give it extra orange flavor.  It tastes incredible.  It is so easy to make your own whipped cream and it tastes much better than store bought.  I tried mine on brownie bowls and also on crepes I had for breakfast!  I am actually going to make some Raspberry Chantilly Cream today using Chambord.  Good luck with it-let me know how it goes! 

Whipped cream is very simple to make, don't give up on it.  If you follow my directions you will enjoy the results.  I was reading an earlier post on here-you can't just throw it all into the mixer and turn it on high-start it on slow for a minute or two and gradually increase the speed every minute or so.  It does take about 7-10 minutes to make it but the results are worth it. 

"Chantilly" just means that it has that little shot of liquor for flavor.  I researched that on the computer and if I can find the article I will post it to you.

Sand6244 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sand6244 Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 3:03pm
post #11 of 12

Please try my recipe for whipped cream that I posted on here.  If you have any questions you can let me know.

You can also put a small box of instant pudding into the whipped cream as you are making it-just add it a little at a time so it dissolves into the cream and isn't "grainy".  The whipped cream actually takes more like a mousse when the instant pudding is added.

chocaholikk Posted 10 Feb 2014 , 1:05pm
post #12 of 12

AThank u..I will try it minus the liqour. Thank you xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%