Isomalt Gems Using Isomalt Sticks

Sugar Work By still_learning Updated 22 Apr 2014 , 2:19am by Cara-mel

still_learning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
still_learning Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 6

AI am trying to make some Isomalt gems with CakePlay Isomalt sticks to go on a royal icing tiara. I can't seem to get the gems out of the candy molds without them sticking at least a little bit. The gems all are a little broken here or there. Are there any tips for prepping the mold, how long to wait before removing them, or anything else I can do to get the gems to look better? Thanks!

5 replies
maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Jan 2014 , 1:18am
post #3 of 6

Try spraying some cooking spray into the molds so that the gems come out when they cool off. Some of the molds stick to the isomalt if you don't grease them a little first. You just want to spray the molds then wipe them off with a paper towel so that there aren't pools of spray sitting in the cavities, and they're just greasy.

still_learning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
still_learning Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 6

AThank you for the advice! A well greased mold and letting them cool for a very long time did the trick. Now if I can can only figure out how to transport these incredibly fragile royal icing tiaras I'll be all set. Thanks!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by still_learning 

Thank you for the advice! A well greased mold and letting them cool for a very long time did the trick. Now if I can can only figure out how to transport these incredibly fragile royal icing tiaras I'll be all set. Thanks!

Lots of polyester batting and a large box!

Cara-mel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cara-mel Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 2:19am
post #6 of 6

Awesome advice, I can't wait to try it to make my daughter a bling-diva cake for her twentieth birthday. Great ideas on this site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%