Irritating Newbies

Lounge By Stitches Updated 10 Jan 2014 , 6:16pm by SystemMod1

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 1:13am
post #61 of 77

When this thread first opened I thought you beauty, here we go.  Will people read it to mean 'Lets have a b.... about the new people and the things they have done to annoy us'?  Or will we take this as an invitation to really irritate some of those newbies who are irritating anyway?  I had to say something because I am enjoying the biting that is going on.  I need a little cheer in my life at the moment.

scott312 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scott312 Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 1:20am
post #62 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazza1 

When this thread first opened I thought you beauty, here we go.  Will people read it to mean 'Lets have a b.... about the new people and the things they have done to annoy us'?  Or will we take this as an invitation to really irritate some of those newbies who are irritating anyway?  I had to say something because I am enjoying the biting that is going on.  I need a little cheer in my life at the moment.

A little good cheers is always fun.

It's a very exciting time to be alive my friend.

I think maybe in the next 2 years will be the most exciting times of mankind.

Cheers

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 1:23am
post #63 of 77

When I replied, I was replying as my time as a newbie. The mistakes I made. The lessons I learned. And the better person I have become because of the advice I got here,even though it wasn't always dipped in syrup.

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 1:28am
post #64 of 77

A

Original message sent by BatterUpCake

When I replied, I was replying as my time as a newbie. The mistakes I made. The lessons I learned. And the better person I have become because of the advice I got here,even though it wasn't always dipped in syrup.

I got that; I thought it was a really neat perspective! :)

BatterUpCake Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 1:29am
post #65 of 77

thank you. I love Marvin the Martian

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 1:36am
post #66 of 77

A

thank you. I love Marvin the Martian

He's my favourite. :)

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 1:56am
post #67 of 77

And I ran.
I ran so far away.
I just ran.
I ran all night and day.
I couldn't get away

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 1:57am
post #68 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

And I ran.
I ran so far away.
I just ran.
I ran all night and day.
I couldn't get away

:-D

BatterUpCake Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 2:05am
post #69 of 77

flock of seagulls

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 2:57am
post #70 of 77

A

flock of seagulls

WHEREOMFGILOVETHEMSOMUCHLIKEWAYMORETHANISHOULD

BatterUpCake Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 3:01am
post #71 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

WHEREOMFGILOVETHEMSOMUCHLIKEWAYMORETHANISHOULD

what scares me more than anything is that I totally got that!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 3:01am
post #72 of 77

Thank the seagulls above for 'Block'.  Whew......it sure saves a lot of time and irritation.

BatterUpCake Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 3:06am
post #73 of 77

And I ran, I ran so far away.
I just ran, I ran all night and day.
I couldn't get away.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 6:49am
post #74 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitches 

That's not totally the point.........it really is o.k. to ask questions.........it just would be nice if people said "please" & "thank-you" when someone takes a half hour or so answering your question

............and when someone is trying to help you and they ask you a question back to solve your question, answer them or why should they ever try to help you if your not willing to participate too.

Too much demanding help and not wanting to participate in the process for getting help..........imo

If I were to guess, I'd say some of these newbies who are so inconsiderate are that way because they want an immediate answer to a question and it doesn't occur to them that they might want to stick around. So they show their true nature and how they treat people comes out because it's the internet and they are anonymous. And that's to the heart of why it's so annoying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

Hello. Let me introduce myself. I am an irritating newbie. I came here with thoughts and ideas that offended everyone. I was chewed up and down. But I wanted it. I wanted it bad enough to stick with it. I learned what it was about my preconceived notions that aggravated you all and I began to comprehend. looking at it from the perspective as a person trying to make my living doing what you do. I had to get rid of my customers who wanted a cheap cake lady. It wasn't easy. SOme days that $5 profit helped put bread on the table. I had to give up bread or value myself at less than what I was worth. I got my name out there by donating items to real 501C charities. I got my insurance. I got my license. People began to take me seriously but still wanted to pay pennies. I always caved. Today I was going to cave. My phone had no signal. Before I could send a discount offer I got this "I can't wait! It's much more than I wanted to spend but your work is art and I couldn't just settle" It is a hard lesson when You have food to put on the table. But if the skills are there, it is worth the wait. So for the newbie, stick it out. Take the advice of the pros. They got to where they are for a reason.

This is such a nice post. And so refreshing. So many have to be coddled and told what they want to hear. If you think of this as a place to learn, like a school,  teachers never say stuff like, "It's perfectly ok to believe 2 + 2 = 5 because that's your opinion and everybody is entitled to her opinion."  If they did, no one would ever learn anything. But it's posted around here all the time and lots of folks seem to love that kind of talk.

Mhawkins1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mhawkins1985 Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 5:22pm
post #75 of 77

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3164868/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

I psted my thanks last week as I was finishing my MIL wedding cake. If it wasn't for all ya'll on here with the knowledge and experience, I wouldn't have been able to do this. It's my first attempt (hopefully not my last!.) at fondant. It ain't professional but I got lots of praise and I'm passing along to you. THANKS

SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod1 Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 6:14pm
post #76 of 77

OK, no way did any of you expect this thread to not get deleted.  

If you "don't like someone" as in, an unknown person that may or may not be like they write in real life that you've never met and don't know a thing about, then use the manners you should have been taught in grade school - ignore them.  

SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod1 Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 6:16pm
post #77 of 77

Also, if you don't like "newbies" stop trying to run everyone off because apparently a few of you want a multi-million dollar website that has hundreds of thousands of members to belong to just a few of you to post only what YOU want to talk about posting the way YOU want to read it.  Not going to happen so knock off bashing "newbies".  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%