Square Cakes Cost More?

Business By Tessie2135 Updated 3 Jan 2014 , 8:36pm by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 12:32pm
post #31 of 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by leah_s 

You would not believe how my sales increased after I switched to round brownies!

round pans of brownies or cupcake individual like?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 1:01pm
post #32 of 43

ASquare, round,or dug out of the pan with your hand and smashed into a compacted ball of brownie goo, who cares, I'll eat any brownie you throw at me.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 1:32pm
post #33 of 43

AProvided it's made with real butter!

-K8memphis Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 1:53pm
post #34 of 43

i started making teeny tiny batches of two or four brownie cupcakes at a time to limit the damages because i will eat the whole dang pan of goodies--

while i have replaced sugar with stevia there's no replacement for the butter -- and i use coconut or almond 'flour' too--i can lose weight and still enjoy my sweets--

took me a loooong time to adjust from sugar to stevia--

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 2:19pm
post #35 of 43

AJumbo, not texas cupcake size. Chewy edge all around, gooey center.

-K8memphis Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 2:28pm
post #36 of 43

oh god, don't say gooey center--you had me at the word 'jumbo'---it's really not safe for me to talk too much about brownies this early in the morning--gonna have to make something soon...heheheh

EpicureanMaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EpicureanMaiden Posted 1 Jan 2014 , 4:49pm
post #37 of 43

AThis thread made me laugh. Now I want jumbo round brownies for breakfast. Lol

cakecoachonline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecoachonline Posted 2 Jan 2014 , 1:02pm
post #38 of 43

Thank you for making me laugh today.   I love the thought of cutting a square out of a round cake - and that it why it costs more.  Brilliant.  I had never thought that squares were more complicated, but I guess with fondant icing trying to get rid of the excess as you fold the edges down is slightly more time consuming perhaps.  The main thing is to know that it takes more ingredients for a square cake than a round.  My recipe book for wedding cakes shows that a square cake takes the equivalent ingredients of a round cake that is 1 inch smaller.  i.e.  a 9 inch round is equivalent to an 8 inch square and so forth all up and down the size spectrum.  So worth bearing in mind when quoting for a square.  Hope that helps.  Kx

-K8memphis Posted 2 Jan 2014 , 10:34pm
post #39 of 43

ok-- so the holidays are over and the fun & games & good excuses for being off my diet are also over--

so today i perfected my version of a squared off round jumbo texas ooey gooey brownie substitute--

mine be round molten lava sugar free, no gluten added super delicious cakelettes mmm mmm mmm and mmm

so i finally got this conglomeration of gf flour mixed up into an all purpose blend--(yay k8t)

that i measured out to make my molton lava batter...

took 9.5 minutes in the oven...

sweet success :lol: 

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 5:23am
post #40 of 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

ok-- so the holidays are over and the fun & games & good excuses for being off my diet are also over--

so today i perfected my version of a squared off round jumbo texas ooey gooey brownie substitute--

mine be round molten lava sugar free, no gluten added super delicious cakelettes mmm mmm mmm and mmm

so i finally got this conglomeration of gf flour mixed up into an all purpose blend--(yay k8t)

that i measured out to make my molton lava batter...

took 9.5 minutes in the oven...

sweet success :lol: 

Oh my goodness I think I'm in love!

Sammy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sammy09 Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 7:10am
post #41 of 43

AOh please share the recipe please!

invity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
invity Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 9:26am
post #42 of 43

Why the Round Cake is More Cost?

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 8:36pm
post #43 of 43

oh sure--no big secret--it's a popular formulation like this one:

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/molten-chocolate-cake/

i just halved it and i used baking truvia* in this-

*i'm out of the sweet leaf brand sugar leaf sugar/stevia baking blend which i prefer--truvia has a sugar alcohol in it called erythritol and it's not supposed to be too good for you--i'm under the impression the stevia blend is better for you--but point being i can lose weight and eat this way so hurray for that--

so it's not sugar free--but it's not a fully sugared product like say a triple batch of peanut fudge  ;)

• 2 oz bittersweet ghirardelli chocolate
  • 4 T butter
  • 2T truvia baking blend  -or- 1 T and 1 t sweet leaf brand sugar leaf sweetener  -- both equivalent to quarter cup sugar
  • 1 whole egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 3 T gluten free all purpose flour
  • couple shakes of cinnamon (optional)
  • vanilla (optional)
  • nice T of spiced rum (optional)

softly melted the choc & butter while i got the eggs beaten well--whisked all together--baked in two ramekins at 415-420 degrees for 9.5 mins

bam!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%