Rkt Guitar

Decorating By mauly5 Updated 28 Dec 2013 , 8:03pm by -K8memphis

mauly5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mauly5 Posted 26 Dec 2013 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 5

AI am supposed to make a guitar to stand against an amplifier cake. I was planning on attaching the rkt to a board with royal icing and covering with fondant. Will this work ok or is there a better way. Any help will be appreciated.

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Dec 2013 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 5

how big you makin' the guitar and amp approximately?

what kind of board?

mauly5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mauly5 Posted 26 Dec 2013 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 5

AThe guitar will probably be around two feet tall. The amp will be about a foot tal. Not sure about the board. I thought cardboard probably would not be stiff enough so maybe thin plywood

-K8memphis Posted 28 Dec 2013 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 5

i gave up on plywood long ago--too heavy for me--and then you gotta keep it from crushing the amp--not that the guitar won't be plenty heavy too but no plywood for moi--

for a two foot guitar i would use half inch foam core-- and i would board & dowel it like any other cake--i've never been sorry for a little too much internal structure-- and make sure it stays put at the correct angle--and i would most securely attach a yard stick or some piece of wood to brace up the foam core base too--so the neck  unquestionably has enough strength--

some inspiration ^^^ maybe... ;)

-K8memphis Posted 28 Dec 2013 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 5

and you could support it through the amp too--maybe i could drop by & be your consultant :lol:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%