Rkt Mixed With Ri

Decorating By Cakespirations Updated 12 Nov 2013 , 12:05am by -K8memphis

Cakespirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakespirations Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a huge gingerbread structure for competition and it is going to be a mailbox. 100% edible rule. I need to make the post. I am playing with the idea that I make a HUGE batch of RKT but instead of using marshmallows, use Royal Icing. squish it into my 2x4 mold and let it dry. Then plaque long strips of gingerbread attached using RI to the post and again let dry. 

Anyone have thoughts?

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 5

i would process the rkt in the food processor and use the marshmallows--however i use 5 cups rk instead of 6 cups--if you pack it in, then let it set up over night and frame it with the gingerbread--it should be most sturdy--i use more honey and less of molasses to make it less susceptible to humidity issues--

i've never used royal with rkt--if you do that--test it first on a small scale

-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 5

and i would make it wider at the bottom--tapering up

Cakespirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakespirations Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 11:58pm
post #4 of 5

AThank you for your reply. I am going to try both. It never occurred to me to make in the processor. That will allow for it to be denser. This week I am going to make two small versions and try the RI and the regular RKT.

I plan on making the base really stable and wide. It will flair out. I am covering it with sugar flowers dusted in "snow" and a burned and tattered American flag. This will give me the stability I need and the illusion of the post.

Thank you again . :)

-K8memphis Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 12:05am
post #5 of 5

best of the best to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%