Software For Edible Printer

Decorating By andierach Updated 27 Oct 2013 , 10:19pm by Stitches

andierach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andierach Posted 26 Oct 2013 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 8

AHi can anyone recommend good software to use with my edible printer ?? I currently have kopy kake which is very very basic, I have looked on line and seen a few but would like to know which one ye think is best before I purchase :) Thanks Andie

7 replies
DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 26 Oct 2013 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 8

AI'm sorry I'm confused. What kind is software?

My Canon printer came with the software to use the printer. Are you looking to do something specific?

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 2:14am
post #3 of 8

I just use Photoshop - don't know of any better image editing software. Proprietary software like Kopycake is typically very limited and can be frustrating to use.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 6:18am
post #4 of 8

AYou can use anything. Photoshop is excellent but Word and Powerpoint also work well. Any imaging software works. You don't need anything special.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 12:34pm
post #5 of 8

AI almost always use publisher to manipulate what I want to print.

andierach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andierach Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 8

AWhat I really wanted it for was templates for cupcake toppers so that I can print different images on each topper instead of having to do all 12 the same. Do any of ye know a way around this, im by no means technically minded at all !!!! And howsweet your right kopy cake is very frustrating !!! I have been using word and even Instaframe to do round images. Have not used photoshop but will now :)

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 9:48pm
post #7 of 8

There's a bit of a learning curve to being proficient in Photoshop, but at least once you've learned how to use it you have something valuable. It's not inexpensive. There may be free programs online that would suffice for what you're trying to accomplish.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 10:19pm
post #8 of 8

When you use software like Word you import each photo onto 1 page, than print. It sounds like you only import 1 photo and than print. No?

I use Publisher for documents loaded with images. It's very easy to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%