Criticism

Lounge By DeliciousDesserts Updated 23 Oct 2013 , 2:24am by SystemMod1

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 10:19pm
post #91 of 110

A

Original message sent by scrumdiddlycakes

Oh yes, people respond so much better when discombobulated! They totally don't get that you're being an ass, if you use words with more than 4 letters!

The purpose is not to discombobulate, it is to convey an opinion and means for improvement while keeping within the realm of civilized conversation. For example, in reference to the quoted reply one could say that subtlety has been identified as a development area.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 10:30pm
post #92 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar 

Translated, that means dumber than a bag of rocks. My husband had a list of banker phrases translated into normal language and it was things like "he is not aware of the details of the situation" = "he has his head up his butt."

You need to share that list. (But not here, I already flagged this thread.)

jason_kraft Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 10:46pm
post #93 of 110

AIf you do a Google search for "corporate speak" you will find several resources you can leverage for wordsmithing future communication opportunities.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 10:47pm
post #94 of 110

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason_kraft 

The advantage to obfuscation is that you can tell someone they are dumber than a bag of rocks without insulting them...once you insult someone they are far less receptive to suggestions on how to improve themselves.

an insult is an insult is an insult.....sooner or later they, and others will cease to be receptive to both the genuine solid advice & the snarky hurtful ones.

..."the cake top is not level, the edges of the fondant are not cleanly cut & smooth"   OR

"that looks like it's been made by my 10 year olds pet dolphin. Just kidding. Nice try though.".....

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 10:49pm
post #95 of 110

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

..."the cake top is not level, the edges of the fondant are not cleanly cut & smooth"   OR

"that looks like it's been made by my 10 year olds pet dolphin. Just kidding. Nice try though.".....

That would be one talented dolphin, rolling out fondant with no hands

jennicake Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 10:51pm
post #96 of 110

Quote:

If you do a Google search for "corporate speak" you will find several resources you can leverage for wordsmithing future communication opportunities.

This is an informal forum though... not a large corporation.  There isn't any viable justification to be so verbose in this environment.  Now ur juss bein silly ;)

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 10:59pm
post #97 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennicake 

This is an informal forum though... not a large corporation.  There isn't any viable justification to be so verbose in this environment.  Now ur juss bein silly ;)

:judge: ditto. 

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 11:00pm
post #98 of 110

Quote:

The purpose is not to discombobulate, it is to convey an opinion and means for improvement while keeping within the realm of civilized conversation. For example, in reference to the quoted reply one could say that .

I would be insulted twice by the phrase, "subtlety has been identified as a development area"  (if I were going to be insulted in the first place). Insulted twice because of the implication that I'm so dumb that such wording would somehow soften the effect or meaning.

jason_kraft Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 11:01pm
post #99 of 110

A

Original message sent by jennicake

Obviously...you would have to be dense to think that I wasn't being sarcastic. ;)

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 11:03pm
post #100 of 110

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiFix 

Why thank you -this may the first time anyone here has ever liked anything I've had to say. :D
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 11:04pm
post #101 of 110

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiFix 

You need to share that list. (But not here, I already flagged this thread.)

I tried to, it was one of those things that circulates through offices on a piece of actual paper. I couldn't find anything online, but I bet my husband will remember most of them, he remembers things like that. He might actually have kept a copy of the list, it was so funny. Just a list of the BS phrases...

jennicake Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 11:08pm
post #102 of 110
Quote:

Obviously...you would have to be dense to think that I wasn't being sarcastic. icon_wink.gif

Now I know you meant to call me inadequately informed, and not dense... right?

jason_kraft Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 11:12pm
post #103 of 110

A

Original message sent by jennicake

Now I know you meant to call me inadequately informed, and not dense... right?

If I was being direct, yes, but I was speaking hypothetically.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 11:21pm
post #104 of 110

AI often like what you say

Original message sent by howsweet

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 11:51pm
post #105 of 110

AI am a delicate little flower. Thank jeebus there's all this fertilizer to help me grow. :-)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 11:56pm
post #106 of 110

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandisBaked 

I am a delicate little flower. Thank jeebus there's all this fertilizer to help me grow. icon_smile.gif

:lol: !!!!!!!!!! 

DeliciousDesserts Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 12:12am
post #107 of 110

ANow see...since that comment came right after mine & references another of my earlier comments, I could easily be hurt and offended by your statement. I meant what I said. I personally like Howsweet. When we disagree, we do it in a nice enough way that I don't even remember it.

Since we've discussed how people easily jump to conclusions, I won't do that. After all, there has been a good deal of all kinds I fertilizer flying all through this thread.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 12:45am
post #108 of 110

AI was paying homage to your opening post, not insulting you. :princess:

DeliciousDesserts Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 1:10am
post #109 of 110

Whew!

See...so sensitive!

SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod1 Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 2:24am
post #110 of 110

I've let this thread go all day, but it's time to address a few things:

PURPOSE OF CAKE CENTRAL

Cake Central exists to provide a positive, fun, and safe environment for cake decorators of all experience and skill level to share ideas, tips, techniques, and personal stories. Cake Central is meant to be a haven away from the negativity in the rest of our lives.

This thread is being deleted as it clearly serves no purpose.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%