Lindy Smiths Harvesting Tractor!

Decorating By Emmiedoescakes Updated 18 Oct 2013 , 10:42pm by savannahquinn

Emmiedoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmiedoescakes Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 9:36pm
post #1 of 8

AHello all you clever cake creators, I hope someone can help me! My friend has asked me to make kindly smiths harvesting tractor for her husbands 40th birthday but I can't find a 'how to' anywhere!! Please can someone help!! Here is the pic if anyone needs to know which one I'm talking about!! It's more to do with sinking the cake into the fondant base really? Any tips/ideas would be gratefully received! TIA Emm x[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3119689/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

7 replies
JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 8

The instruction for this cake are in her Quick & Clever Party Cakes book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/185391830X/?tag=cakecentral-20

This is the only information I have :(

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 8

Do you really think it's "sunk" into the fondant or is it that the wheels are just halfed to make it look that way?

savannahquinn Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 8

Google   John Deere Tractor in Corn Field   by ctomo on CC and she did a similar cake based on Lindy Smith's  cake.  In her comments she tells how she did  it.

Emmiedoescakes Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 5:13am
post #5 of 8

AHello! I didn't really want to buy a book just to do one cake once!! Thankyou, I'll have a look at hers. I don't think it is 'sunk' but it's just getting that effect and the tractor to look realistic! Thanks for your help :) x

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 4:44pm
post #6 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmiedoescakes 

Hello! I didn't really want to buy a book just to do one cake once!! Thankyou, I'll have a look at hers. I don't think it is 'sunk' but it's just getting that effect and the tractor to look realistic! Thanks for your help icon_smile.gif x

Could you access the book at a library?

Emmiedoescakes Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 8:10am
post #7 of 8

AHello! No book at my library as asked yesterday but good shout!! Thanks! Can't find the tutorial from ctomo. Is there anyway you can find CC users by their names?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%